o5.

Quincy

I walked out of my political science and looked around. There she is.

I walked up on her and kissed on her neck. making her jump.

"Wha- Oh Quincy. It's just you." She said with a giggle.

I frowned. "Just me?"

She giggled and wrapped her arms around my torso, tilting her head up to me, resting her chin against my chest. "Not like that. I thought someone else was trying to come to steal your kisses from me."

I smirked and planted my lips against her plush set.

Sasha's not my girl but I sure am feeling shorty. We've been hanging tough since the night of the Greek party 3 weeks ago. But she made it clear that she's cautious of being with me. Which I can kinda understand. So I'm trying this 'take it slow' thing.

I draped my arm over her shoulder and walked beside her, holding on to my backpack strap with my free hand.

"So you started on your paper for English Lit?" I asked. She shook her head no and shoved candy in her mouth.

"Bae, you bugging. I had Professor Fraizer last year and she don't play about her papers. You need to get on it." I warned her. That bitch ass professor tried to fail me so many times.

With a mouth full of Skittles she replied, "I know, I already did my thesis statement. I just need to do my outline draft shit." I nodded at her effort. I guess I'll let her slide with this.

"Hey Quinny." said a familiar voice. Shit.

I looked back, still holding on to Sasha. "Wassup, Chelsey?"

"Nothing how you been boo?" She asked, causing Sasha to pop her head up.

I sighed. "Chelsey, what you want?"

She giggled, "Where's Chris?"

I shrugged at Chelsey and pulled Sasha back closer because I felt her pull away a bit.

"Well tell him I'm looking for him," she looked at Sasha, "Nice meeting you."

Sasha kept chewing her Skittles and huffed. Look at her, getting jealous.

Chelsey took the hint and left with a wave.

I chuckled and started walking but Sasha stood there staring at me like I had 2 heads.

"What?" I asked.

"The fuck was that?" She said with hostility.

I grabbed her by her waist, pulling her to me. "Trust me, that wasn't nothing."

She raised her brow, "Trust you?"

I exhaled. "Clearly she was looking for Chris. I never fucked with that girl. That's one of his blasts from the past. She was just always riding my jock cause she thought getting close to me would get her closer to him. That's it. I promise."

She stuffed more Skittles in her mouth and sighed.

I tilted her head up to me. "I told your pretty ass I'm only checking for you." I said with a grin.

She broke her mean glare and giggled. "Good. Cause the feeling is mutual."

I kissed her lips and grabbed her hand, starting back to walk.

I could get used to this.

Valencia

This economics class will be the death of me. I gathered my bag and dropped my notebook in it, walking out of the classroom before the teacher could even dismiss us completely. My head is pounding and I really don't feel at 100% today.

I pushed the door and exited the building, walking across the campus. I just want to get to my room and lay it the fuck down.

That idea was brought to a screeching halt when I heard Chris screaming my name.

I stopped walking and turned to face the voice. He jogged up to me and we exchanged a hug.

"Hey love." I said to him.

He squinted at me. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and dug through my bag for my vibrating phone.

He sucked his teeth and made me look at him. "We lie to each other now?"

"Nope, we don't. I just don't feel too good." I said with a pouty face giving up on finding my phone once it stopped vibrating.

He scooped me up and held me bridal style. "Aww is my little baby sick. You want me to take care of you?"

I laughed and held on to him. "Stop. Put me down."

"Chris!" a voice hollered.

Me and him looked at each other then followed the voice to some girl as he returned  me back to my feet.

She rushed over. "Oh my god! I finally got everything squared away with my financial aid. I've missed a few days of classes but they're still letting me register. Aren't you excited baby?"

She said while holding on to him like a hyperactive child.

I just stood there dumbfounded. Baby?

"Oh yeah? That's what's up." He said dryly.

She showed him the schedule trying to compare it to his. I instantly began to feel like a third wheeler around them.

I rocked back and forth. "Well, ima just go.." I said interrupting their convo.

"Wait Valenc-" He started.

"Oh! Where are my manners? Hi. I'm Chelsey (in multimedia), Chris' girlfriend, Chelsey." She said and my whole mind shut down.

I guess it showed on my face because Chris' facial expression changed quickly. My focus stayed on her. Everything I was, she was the opposite. She stood at probably nice 5'8" compared to my 5'4" stature. Her skin was a smooth chocolate and though it was clear she had gorgeous features, her makeup enhanced it even more. I could tell I had better style than her but she still dressed nicely. Her body wasn't anything to write home about, but she still had curves that my body would have loved to have.

"Oh umm..I'm Valencia." I said meekly.

"How do you two know each other?" Chelsey asked curiously.

Chris cleared his throat and spoke up, "She's Kennedy's cousin's roommate."

That's it? That's all I am? I mean I thought we were friends without a need of degrees of separation. We've been in contact nonstop since the night of the welcome party.

I gave a strained smile and basically bowed out. I turned quickly on my heels walking away fastly.

Kennedy's cousin's friend. Not his friend. Nothing.

I expected more. But why would I?

I power walked all the way back to my dorm and once inside, it was as if I had held my breath the entire time. I finally exhaled and calmed myself down. My headache intensified so I did what I did best; slept.

Hours later, I woke up from a much needed nap. I slept through the entire second half of my day but at least my headache was gone. Thank the lord.

I reached my hand from under the covers and felt around for my phone and pulled it under the covers with me. Of course, there was hella missed calls and texts from Chris.

That bitch Sasha ain't even answer for me to rant about that nigga. She was more than likely with Quincy though. I locked my phone and slid it under my pillow, closing my eyes again.

Then I felt movement in my bed and heard snoring. Sasha was always climbing into my bed when she couldn't sleep or vice versa but she has never snored like this before.

I rolled over for the first time since waking up and widened my eyes.

"What the fuck? No! Wake up!"