32.

Valencia

Breathlessly, I whispered expletives under my breath as the electricity in my veins began wearing off

Breathlessly, I whispered expletives under my breath as the electricity in my veins began wearing off. My breathing was jagged and my heart was racing.

"Damn baby." His husky tone mumbled.

Pulling the sheet up over my exposed chest, I smiled and made myself comfortable. I rolled onto my side and looked at my phone's screen as Chris relaxed face was plastered across the screen.

"Not to say I don't enjoy this, but baby I'm missing the real thing." He said and I silently agreed.

We'd been doing this version of pleasing each other since May. It started with just risky texts then it graduated to calls, photos and now it's mid-June and we've graduated to pleasing ourselves via FaceTime.

Taking a quick break, we both left our phones behind as we exited our rooms. I went to the bathroom to clean myself up then down to the kitchen for a bottle of water and a peach.

I crashed back down in my bed and looked to see Chris already back and dozing off. "I put it on you that good, huh?" I joked as he laughed mockingly while his eyes remained closed.

We talked for another 20 minutes or so and soon we were both knocked out.

My sleep was disturbed around 3pm by my cousin Nalani who forced me out of the house and to the mall. I didn't buy much but a few pieces here and there and of course some ice cream from Cold Stone. 

As fate would have it, we ran into Brandon and his friends while at the mall. We had small talk and he advised he was back home for a few weeks before doing a summer basketball training camp. We walked around with them a bit before we were invited to a party at the house of the friend that seemed very fond of Nalani. 

Hours later we were going to a party at Austin's, the guy from the mall earlier. "Here. You know how I get." Lani yelled over the music to me as we walked inside of the function. Handing me her keys, I knew it meant she was about to get fucked up and I was going to be babysitting.

The party was going well, I had a faint buzz and as expected Nalani was drunk, violently rapping along to Chief Keef's "Faneto" — the remix of course.

Brandon came in the kitchen and was waving his phone around, presumably recording a video. I looked back towards my cousin standing on the coffee table with another girl just as a phone was shoved in my face.

"Say hey to the people Valencia."

"Hey people." I said shyly.