23.

Chris

I was in the underground level of the student union with Quincy and the rest of my frat brothers in the lounge area that had couches, TVs, a pool table, and even an air hockey table. We had just finished hotboxing a car and was now eating snacks and chilling.

"Okay fat ass or big titties?" My homeboy Rodney asked us as some answered with their preferences quickly while myself and a few others had to think about it.

"Fat ass fa sho'" Quincy said before dapping one of our brothers as Rodney sucked his teeth and waved him off. "Nigga, your girl ain't got either." A few of the bros started laughing but Q definitely didn't. "At least I got a girl nigga. And my girl ain't gotta have either because she still fine as shit without em. God knew fuck niggas like y'all wouldn't know what to do if that pretty face had a thick body." He said laughing as we kept laughing.

"Speak of the devil." Was stated as we all looked towards the entrance and Sasha, Valencia and a few other baddies came into the lounge, claiming seats.

An exchange of hellos transpired as my eyes remained locked on a smiling Valencia. She wore her hair straightened out and it fell every time she would move.

Everything about Valencia had changed since we stopped dating. She went and got some surface piercings between her breasts in a perfect jeweled line that made me envious that I couldn't be as close to her body now. She was more outspoken and outgoing. She carried a new confidence to herself that made her stand out even more. She even began smoking weed now which was a shocker to me but even better since I was a smoker. It aided me in being able to get time with her by offering to match a blunt.

I could tell Sasha's taste began to rub off on her because she dressed in more tighter fitting clothing now. Nothing was a negative change other than that new nigga was enjoying the benefits of it all instead of me. But she looked good, dare I say happier. But I knew my Byrd. She was rebelling against herself and everything her father wanted for her.

She sat on the arm of one of the couches that was occupied already and leaned against one of my line brothers, smiling cheekily with him. "Speak of the devil? Y'all down here talking shit?" Sasha asked as everyone lied and said no.

"Nah baby. Let me see your tattoo." He asked her, tugging at the bottom of her shirt. "She punked out." One of the other girls said as the rest of them started giggling. "I did not. But he told me it wouldn't be healed by Mexico so I figured I would just wait until we get back."

Niko, one of my line brothers, poked his head up. "Mexico? Who going? I wanna go." He said followed by others speaking in agreeance.

"Hell nah. Y'all not bout to have us locked up in a Mexican prison because y'all don't know how to act." I said while laughing. "It's just me, my lil joint, Q, Sasha, Valencia and ol' dude." I listed as sounds of teeth sucking could be heard from everyone that was excluded from that list.

"Well, actually. There's one
opening. My dude's out. So now we're down to five." Valencia said while wiggling her five fingers. Instantly, Quincy shot me a look and I shrugged back at him.

Niko jumped up from his seat and went over to Valencia, scooping her up bridal style. "I'm Val's roomie. It is law." She laughed and held on for dear life as he had them swaying.

More "I wanna go too" remarks began coming out and I looked at Quincy, who looked at Sasha who was already giving Valencia the same look.