Chapter 21 ~ Going Deeper

Yuju's POV

I woke up the next day with energy flowing through my veins. Getting up in the morning was getting easier at the thought of being around TWICE for the whole day for the special collaboration.

Oddly enough, although not everyone had a job, we all interacted with each other and found ways to do something and not be bored. Amazingly, with the help of all of us, Woozi and Chaeyoung managed to finish the lyrics for the other three songs. One was called "Life", which expressed the highs and lows of life, all the good and the bad. It didn't necessarily direct to any certain topic of life. I realized it was more of the fact that life isn't perfect and even though there's many positive things, some things can just go horribly wrong. The more soft, melodic song was called "Dreams". It was about a person who dreamed about a perfect love life. They would imagine everything their other person would do for them and the special memories they would make. Lastly, the fast, rap song was called "Broken", which expressed the feelings of someone who just went through a break up. Lyrics like "why did you leave me" or "all of the pain" were a common occurrence throughout the song.

Considering we all had to interact with each other, I began talking to Sana and Jihyo. They were technically my "unnies" but as their dating ban had just finished, they hadn't found a special someone.

"Ahh, Yuju-ssi," Sana hit me playfully. "You're so lucky that you have Jun."

"Sana unnie, I'm sure you'll find someone," I reassured her.

Sana, Jihyo, and I were discussing the topic of other KPOP idols, namely male groups. We also loved talking about all of the scandals that happened to each group, mostly because it was the only thing happening in the KPOP scene. I glanced over my shoulder and looked at the other groups who were talking. While Woozi, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, Mingyu, Seungcheol, and Jiyeon had voluntarily decided to go and help compose the song, the rest of us were talking and having fun. Minghao, Mina, Jun, and Hoshi were playing cards together, and their shouts and cheers echoed around the room. Seungkwan, Dahyun, and Vernon were watching funny YouTube videos together. Jeonghan was on his phone, trying to tune out everyone because that was how he was. He was always very quiet, but he occasionally went to go hangout with Momo, Tzuyu, Dokyeom, and Dino. Joshua, Wonwoo, Mingyu, along with Nayeon were playing Truth or Dare, and I could hear Mingyu teasing Joshua for never picking dare. And then there were the three of us.

"Nah Sana's hopeless," Jihyo giggled. "She wants a Japanese guy, mostly because then at least she can speak to someone in her native tongue."

"That's not true!" Sana argued. "I want someone who is hard-working and likes what they do. Someone professional."

"What about NCT's Yuta?" I asked. "He's pretty good looking. And it did take him a lot of work to get into NCT 127 and train as a foreigner. Plus, he's Japanese." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"YUJU I HEARD THAT!" Jun yelled.

"Sorry! It's true though," I replied.

I smiled at Jun and he pretended to be mad. I giggled and turned back to my conversation with my new friends.

"Well he is," Sana admitted. "I just wouldn't be able to see him a lot. NCT 127 is always busy with oversea activities."

"That's true," I thought. "What about you Jihyo?"

"Honestly, I just want someone who will care for me and that I feel comfortable around — I don't necessarily care about nationality or ethnicity," Jihyo said.

"Well then Jisoo oppa fits that description perfectly," I replied.

"Whose Jisoo?" Sana asked.

"Oppa to you," I corrected. "He's a '95 liner, and he's Joshua. Jisoo is his Korean name."

"I thought he was American..." Sana gasped.

Jihyo and I burst out laughing.

"Yah Sana! He looks VERY Korean. It's pretty obvious," Jihyo laughed.

"I'm sorry," Sana rolled her eyes.

"Haha. But seriously, Jihyo. He is really nice and quite caring. I would know," I smiled.

"What's something he did for you then?" Jihyo questioned.

"Well, he gave me this," I said, holding my wrist out, where the bracelet he gave me glimmered. The inscription sparkled on the shiny metal.

"That's nice," Sana sighed.

"Yeah," I said. "But it was one of the reasons that the dating rumors sparked. I'm glad that's over. At least the CARATs are nice about it. However, netizens are really annoying and somewhat scary."

"I know what you mean," Jihyo said. "When Nayeon had that lip-sync issue, netizens bashed her for so long. They seem to hold grudges against idol groups that make mistakes."

"Agreed," Sana said.

The three of us continued to talk about KPOP groups. Such as the quick success of IZ*ONE, which came up because one of the members, Chaeyeon, was a JYP trainee and was on SIXTEEN, but was eliminated. That kind of sad, but we were all glad she debuted. We also talked about how people think Cha Eunwoo from ASTRO is amazing, the soon disbandment of Wanna One, and the new solo song, "SOLO", that BLACKPINK Jennie recently released.

"It's weird to think that Chaeyeon could've been in this very room," Sana said in thought.

"I know right," Jihyo agreed. "And look at her — she's debuted in a whole other group entirely, and they're doing extremely well!"

"I love 'La Vie En Rose'," I sighed.

The three of us continued talking until Minghao, Mina, Jun, and Hoshi came over and we started a game of cards. Mina introduced us to a game called Mao. The rules said that it was like UNO, and you couldn't talk about the rules outside the game. There were obviously more rules, but naturally, I can't really talk about it cause then it would be outside the game.

After we finished a few games and Hoshi had messed up too many times to count, Woozi leapt into the room with a huge grin on his face.

"We've just finished composing 'Hey!'" he announced, and we all cheered.

I smiled as I went up to congratulate everyone. Now, it was time to choreograph, record, and most of all, sing.

(A/N: yay these chapters are happy cuz there's no sasaeng problems~ thanks for all of the love for this story~)

LOVE YOU ALL<3