Chapter 33 ~ The Incident

Yuju's POV

Weeks passed, and it seemed that there wasn't a single trace the sasaeng had left behind. It was like they hadn't even been there in the first place. It worried me a lot, but we had enough on our plate, what with going to music shows every day and practicing all the time. There wasn't always a lot of time to work, so most times we were practicing or just getting rest.

Today is our last music show. We're heading to Inkigayo, for the last time. Amazingly, this collaboration has won us fifteen music show wins, and SEVENTEEN and TWICE are both happy as they can be about that factor. The thing is, how can we be completely happy because of what the sasaeng is doing?

Something that has kept SEVENTEEN's spirits up though, however, is the fansign that was coming up. PD-nim informed us that I would be going as well, and it would take a place in three days. I couldn't wait to have that new experience, but I still had three whole days to get through before it would happen.

"Seungkwan are you ready yet?" I yelled. The rest of us were already gathered in the living room, ready to depart to Inkigayo.

"Give me a few minutes!" Seungkwan yelled back.

"He said that ten minutes ago," Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

'That's it," Vernon grumbled. He ran into the room he shared with the older and dragged him out of the room.

"Yah Vernon!" Seungkwan whined. "I didn't grab my sunglasses."

"We don't give a crap about your sunglasses," Mingyu muttered.

"Seungkwan, it's not sunny at all and it's freezing outside," Seungcheol said. "You'll be fine. We'll be in the car and we're just heading to Inkigayo. It's inside, and you won't be hit by any sunlight. Relax for once."

"Stop being such a diva," Jeonghan giggled.

"Okay I get you point," Seungkwan replied. "Also, be quiet Jeonghan hyung."

And with that, the sixteen of us — Areum, SEVENTEEN, Jiyeon, and I — set off to Inkigayo to meet with TWICE and perform together for the last time. It was filled with mixed feelings — the happiness of performing together, and the sadness of performing together for the last time.

"FIGHTING!" the twenty four of us cheered before we went on stage.

We sang our hearts out and danced as hard as we could. We smiled every second to put on a good performance together. Then, something went horribly wrong.

Minghao's POV

I was dancing to "Hey!" as we performed, but something didn't feel right. My ankle had felt weird that day, but I had brushed it off and kept dancing. I needed to put on a good show for the CARATs and ONCEs who were watching us perform.

I kept dancing, until I fell. I heard a sound coming from my right ankle. Pain shot up through my ankle and I winced. I had never felt anything so painful. I didn't just twist my ankle.

I had broken it.

Author's POV

Minghao fell and collapsed on the stage in the middle of the second chorus of "Hey!" SEVENTEEN, TWICE, Jiyeon, and Yuju ran over to him and called for an ambulance. Minghao was rushed to the hospital, and had somehow fallen unconscious from the shock. Jun, Yuju, and Mina went with him, in hopes that he would be okay.

Mina's POV

My knee bounced up and down — my nervous habit. I needed to know if Minghao was alright.

"Who's here to see Xu Minghao?"

The three of us looked up to see a doctor holding a clipboard and wearing a white doctor's robe. We all stood up, as if on cue. The doctor looked up from his clipboard and gazed at us.

"You three?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Are any of you related to him?" the doctor asked.

"I'm in a KPOP band with him," Jun explained. "SEVENTEEN."

"Okay, that works," the doctor nodded.

"Is he alright?" Jun asked worriedly.

"He's unconscious, still from the shock, but other than that, he's alright. With an injury like this, it was easy to stabilize his condition. There seems to be no trace of amnesia, which is good. It might be a while before he wakes up though, so be patient."

"Thank you doctor-ssi," Yuju bowed.

"No problem. He's in room 177," the doctor smiled.

The three of us walked in silence in the hallway until we reached Minghao's room.

Room 177.

We walked inside, and there he was. Minghao. His eyes were closed and his chest was breathing slowly but surely. His lanky body was under a hospital blanket. He wore hospital dressings that were green and blue.

"Thank goodness he's alright," Yuju sighed in relief.

"Mina," Jun started. "We'll be out in the hallway, in case you need time with him."

"Thanks Jun oppa," I smiled. "It might be a few minutes."

The happy couple walked out of the room and I waited for the door to close. I pulled a chair up to Minghao's bed and looked at his peaceful face. His lips looked like they were quirked up in a smile, and he looked calm.

I sat there in silence, waiting for him to wake up. It seemed like hours, days, or even years had gone by. I finally had the courage and will to speak up.

"Minghao," I said shakily. I'm quite emotional. "Please wake up. I need to tell you something."

"I love you. Ever since we became friends, I've loved you. I want to be with you and spend everyday with you. I want to be with you. Xu Minghao, I love you."

A tear slipped from my eyelid and I wiped it away.

I sat there, my eyes glittering with my tears of diamonds that prayed with each drop.

Xu Minghao, please wake up. I love you.

"I love you Minghao," I whispered.

I thought I should just wait. Leave. Wipe my tears away and tell Jun and Yuju to come back and wait with me. We could see him get up together. I shouldn't be crying right now.

"Mina," a quiet voice croaked.

I whipped around to see Minghao, his eyes fluttering open. The tears flowed out of my eyes and down my cheeks. I was so happy to see him awake.

"I love you too."

(A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! the minghao/mina ship has sailed! please comment ship names down below! thanks for 2.8K+ reads and 120+ votes and 90+ comments! thank you so so so so so much! it means the world to me! stay tuned for more chapters:)

LOVE YOU ALL!!