Chapter 46 ~ Competitions

Yuju's POV

"Everyone, gather around!" Dokyeom yelled, as the human megaphone he was.

"What is it?" Jeonghan asked.

"We have chosen the team and the challenges," Areum announced.

"What are they?" Seungkwan asked.

"Minghao, Yuju, Jeonghan, are Mingyu are one team, Dino, Jun, Mina, and Seungcheol are one team, and Vernon, Seungkwan, Woozi, and Wonwoo are one team. And yes, we purposely split up all of the couples," Jisoo said smugly.

"Why do I have to be with all of the loud people?" Woozi grumbled.

"I feel you Woozi," Wonwoo agreed.

"YAH!" Vernon and Seungkwan yelled.

"Wait, why are all of the people that are good at cooking on one team?" Seungcheol grumbled.

"Well, you have Dino," Hoshi pointed out. "Plus, Minghao could ruin the team. He could burn the whole house down if he tried frying an egg."

"YAH!" Minghao scolded.

"The challenge for cooking is not cooking, but baking," Jisoo grinned. "You guys have to make a three-layered cake."

"That's hard," Mingyu rubbed the back of his neck.

"What about sports?" Jun asked.

"Beach volleyball," Hoshi grinned.

"Easy," Mingyu smirked. "Especially against Woozi."

"Don't make me hit you with my guitar Mingew," Woozi warned.

"As if," Mingyu scoffed.

"I'll let you guys choose who will do what now," Areum said. "The competitions begin in ten minutes. Bakers, you better plan out what you want to make. Jisoo and I will be judging baking, and Hoshi and Dokyeom will be judging beach volleyball."

"Okay," we nodded.

Mingyu, Jeonghan, Minghao, and I huddled into a little group.

"Personally," Minghao said. "I think the Yoon siblings should bake and then Mingyu and I should play beach volleyball. Mostly because I suck at cooking, and we need Mingyu's height for volleyball. Plus, Yuju is really good at baking anyways."

"I think that's a good plan," Mingyu agreed.

"I agree," Jeonghan and I chorused.

Jeonghan and I began discussing our cake recipe plan.

"Let's just make a chocolate three layered cake," I suggested. "Chocolate cake, chocolate icing."

"Sure," Jeonghan agreed.

The next few hours was a bustle of activity. Mingyu and Minghao went with Jun and Seungcheol, and Vernon and Woozi to go against each other in beach volleyball. Jeonghan and I set out on baking our cake.

"TIME UP!" Jisoo yelled. Everyone threw their hands in the air, as a sign of showing that they were done and weren't touching their cakes.

Dino and Mina made a delicious lemon cake, and Wonwoo and Seungkwan made a vanilla cake, which sadly, looked a little less than edible.

"Time for tasting!" Areum clapped her hands happily.

Jisoo and Areum carefully tasted each cake, with nothing but chewing sounds to be heard. At last, when they finally swallowed the last bite of cake, they began to announce the winner.

"And the winner is....JEONGHAN AND YUJU!" Jisoo yelled.

Jeonghan and I whooped and cheered as the losers accepted their defeat.