Chapter 44 ~ Truth or Dare

Yuju's POV

For me, Truth or Dare is a bit of a fickle game. It can go right and wrong at the same time. For Truth, you might have to spill your biggest secrets or answer a question that doesn't matter to you at all. For Dare, you might have to do something crazy that you're insanely scared of or you might just be dared to send a text to your crush.

Like I said, this game is extremely fickle. It could go either way.

"Sure," I said cautiously, sitting next to Mina on her big bed.

"Mina, truth or dare?" Areum challenged.

"Dare," Mina replied confidently.

"I dare you to go into Minghao and Jun's room and drag Jun out of the room and lock the door," Areum grinned.

"Deal," Mina smirked.

Areum and I tentatively peeped from behind our doorframe. We could see and hear Jun's yelps as Mina shoved him out of the room and locked the door. We could hear Minghao being really confused and asking Mina what she was doing. Before I knew it, Jun had sulked his way over to our room.

"Yuju!" Jun pouted. "Mina locked me out."

"It's okay Junnie," I giggled. "We're playing Truth or Dare. Areum unnie dared Mina unnie throw you out of the room and lock you out."

"Oh," Jun said. "Can I play?"

"Sur—" Areum began.

"No sorry Junnie you should go spend some time with Minghao oppa, right?" I asked as I pushed him out the door and Mina flounced into our room.

"No fair," Jun whined as I shut the door to his room.

"Geez," I grumbled. "Anyways, Areum unnie, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Areum smiled. "I hate dares."

"Hmmm," I said thoughtfully. "Who do like? In the crush sort of way, I mean."

"Honestly," Areum started. "I don't really like anyone."

"Oh," I sighed. There goes Jeonghan's dreams. "Why?"

"Well," Areum said. "Since we travel all the time, I wouldn't have the time to date

someone, unless they were in SEVENTEEN."

"That makes sense," I replied.

There was a quiet silence for a minute, no one knowing what to say just yet. I took the time to give our room a good look and to appreciate its beauty. The walls were painted a dark gray and the ceiling was off white. On the edge of one of the walls was the air conditioning vent. The floor was a glossy tile that was tinted a bright peach color. The curtains were a thick, white fabric that stretched from the top of the walls to the bottom of the floor. On the beds, the blanket fabric cascaded down on both edges of the bed. It was a room to marvel at and I was grateful to be here.

"Well then," Mina cleared her throat. "Yuju, truth or dare?"

"Dare," I replied confidently.

"Areum, I need to tell Yuju this secretly, is that okay with you?" Mina asked politely.

"That's fine," Areum nodded.

Mina scooted over from her end of the bed and whispered in my ear.

"I dare you to tell Jeonghan that Areum doesn't like him."

I gasped.

On one hand, I really really didn't want to tell Jeonghan because of his reaction. However, on another hand, Jeonghan deserved to know the truth before it was too late.

"Fine," I mumbled, and walked out the door.

As if I was a sloth, I slowly dragged my feet down the dark hallway. I dreaded going to Jeonghan and telling him the truth.

I stared at the walls that were painted a light blue. The small lamps that flickered and lit up the eerie hallway. The dark, wooden doors that enclosed each room. The slippery, shiny, glistening white tile floor that my feet stepped on.

I took a breath as I knocked on Jisoo and Jeonghan's door.

"Come in!" Jisoo yelled.

I cracked open the door and Jisoo and Jeonghan looked up.

"Hey, uh, Jeonghan oppa, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Uh, sure," Jeonghan nodded as he came over to me.

"Bye Yuju! Bye Jeonghan!" Jisoo waved before looking back down at his phone.

The two of us headed down to the beach, where twinkle lights were strung along poles and palm trees. We sat down on the sand and breathed in the cool ocean breeze.

"Hey oppa," I said cautiously.

"What is it Yuju?" he replied, turning to me.

"What would you say if Areum didn't like you back?" I said, looking up at him.

"I don't mind," Jeonghan said calmly.

My jaw dropped.

"Are you that surprised?" Jeonghan chuckled.

"But I thought you wouldn't do that," I said.

"Why are you bringing this up anyways?" Jeonghan inquired.

"We were playing Truth or Dare and she told me she didn't like anyone," I muttered. "Then MIna dared me to go and tell you that Areum doesn't like you, assuming that you still like Areum, that is."

"Well then," Jeonghan smiled. "It's fine. Besides I like someone else."

"You really changed who you like in the course of twelve hours?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," Jeonghan nodded. "Is that weird?"

"It is kind of playboy-ish, but whatever. Who? Why?" I questioned.

"I'll explain that later," Jeonghan told me.

"But what would make you switch in a matter of hours?" I asked, exasperated.

"Something happened," Jeonghan said simply.

"Seriously?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well," Jeonghan began. "Please do not judge me for this. Especially considering how some people might react."

"Of course," I assured him. "I wouldn't betray you, unless you were a serial killer or something."

"Okay."

"But why would I judge you for this? It can't be anything bad right?" I asked, concerned.

"It's just a topic that many people are kind of uneasy about," Jeonghan explained.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's against certain beliefs of certain people," Jeonghan finally said.

"Okay," I nodded. "I'll try and be supportive of you no matter what."

"Thanks."

He took a deep breath.

"Yuju."

I turned to him.

"I like Jisoo."

(A/N: welp that was a really large change of events...hehe but i love jihan~ thanks for all the support on all of my stories, especially unexpected love -- i only started the story 6 days ago and there's already over 500 reads! how? anyways, thanks for 7.3K+ reads and 250+ votes on this story and please stay tuned for more!)

LOVE YOU ALL<3