Chapter 40 ~ Remembrance

Jun's POV

It had been nearly a month since I had been discharged from the hospital. I was getting anxious. I was free to do as I pleased except swimming, just in case my wound gets infected. It was honestly so weird to me that we hadn't began practicing. The dorm wasn't as loud as it usually was, and everyone didn't seemed to ever be happy or positive. Even BooSeokSoon, who were some of the loudest people I knew. They had all toned down. Nothing seemed right.

Everytime I asked someone, they would always say that someone wasn't ready. And they wouldn't say who. All I knew what that it wasn't me. I felt more ready than ever. All of this waiting was making me anxious.

Stressed, I decided to pop in my earbuds and listen to some songs. I listened to some old SEVENTEEN songs, like "Popular Song" and "Shining Diamond". I also listened to some other KPOP group songs, like "Love Scenario", "I Need U", and "DDU DU DDU DU." Then, I listened to some of SEVENTEEN's more recent songs.

The angsty vibe of "Getting Closer" filled my eardrums as Mingyu's rap played in my head. Jisoo's voice flowed through the song perfectly. It was a perfect balance of loud and quiet, vocal and rap.

Then "OH MY!" played. The Chinese version, at the very least, "怎麼辦". My bandmates' attempt at Chinese was well done and it was honestly kind of cute. At least Woozi's was. His pronunciation was kind of funny but it did the job.

Finally, one of the TWICE collaboration songs played. "Dreams."

It was the more vocal song, and was the one that had someone dreaming about the perfect love. Vocalists from both groups had joined together to sing, but there was one voice I couldn't recognize. It was stable and didn't fit any of the TWICE or SEVENTEEN members' voices. I couldn't put my finger on it. I couldn't tell who it was.

Then the "killing part" of the song played. It was me and that mysterious voice.

"I think I've found the one I should love."

All of a sudden, a sharp pain attacked my head. I tried to fight it as it took over my brain and controlled me.

And then it all went black.

*

"Wow. That's a lot of people. Anyways, I'm Yoon Yuju. Otherwise known as the smarter and better looking Yoon. I can speak English, Chinese, and Korean."

*

"That's nice." she said softly.

"Thanks Yuju."

*

"Minghao, how could you?" I gasped.

"Uhhh...what?" Minghao asked, confused.

"How could you keep secrets from me? After all we've been through," I clutched my heart dramatically.

"文俊辉閉嘴," (wen junhui shut up) Minghao grumbled. "Now you're just being ridiculous."

"I do understand what you're saying," Yuju grinned. "You do remember that, right?"

"Be quiet Yuju," Minghao flicked her forehead.

*

My eyes flew open as all of the memories suddenly came back to me. The mysterious voice in the song. The mysterious girl in my dreams. She was the hole in my memory. She was one of the people I loved most. She's Jeonghan's sister.

And her name is Yoon Yuju.

Instantly, I remembered everything from the past six months. Every small detail that had happened. I remembered being with Yuju at the night market in Taipei, going on our first date, and every special memory I had cherished but forgotten. Thankfully, I had all of it back and I was ready to go back to my old life with one of the people I loved dearly.