Chapter 38 ~ Factors

Yuju's POV

I woke up, grabbing my phone to check the date and time, but it's not like there would be any point in doing so.

As I read the date, I remembered.

March 1, 2019.

I was officially twenty one. But then again, did that matter? I was broken and empty without Jun by my side now. Days had passed by and without knowing it, February passed and it was my birthday.

"Happy Birthday Yuju."

Jeonghan peeped the door open as he quietly entered. It was early in the morning, and everyone else was asleep. He carried a box wrapped in pretty pale blue paper and tied with a silver bow.

"It's from Jisoo and I," Jeonghan said. "We hope this cheers you up a bit. I'm sorry for everything Yuju, I truly am. But I hope you'll feel more open to being around the boys soon. Especially Jisoo. He really misses you. They all do."

"I know Jeonghan, you've told me," I nodded. "It's just hard without him. Knowing that he doesn't know a single thing about me is just simply heartbreaking and makes me want to punch someone."

I opened the unexpected gift from my brother and smiled as I pulled out a necklace, reading, Yuju.

"Thanks Oppa," I smiled, putting the necklace around my neck.

"Your welcome," he smiled.

"Tell Jisoo Oppa thanks from me," I said.

"I will," Jeonghan said. "I hope this made you feel a bit better."

"It has," I admitted. "Thanks for that."

Jun's POV

It's officially been a week and a half ever since I've been discharged from the hospital. I'm still confused to why we're on a temporary hiatus, but I feel like I shouldn't ask. I still need to focus on healing my wound and taking care of my health. That was the most important thing, according to Jisoo hyung.

That afternoon, I sat on the couch with Seungcheol hyung as I checked my camera roll. I looked through my photos and stopped in confusion. Why were there so many pictures with TWICE? Why did so many pictures say the words, "Ideal Cut Tour"? Why were there photos with these two random girls that I didn't even know? It confused me.

I felt my vision slowly fading suddenly. I felt tired and woozy. Something didn't feel right.

And all of a sudden, it went black.

""Also, is a girl named 白雪文 here?"

The fans murmured. The other members looked confused as I smiled at someone.

"IM HERE!"

The girl from the nightmarket rushed up to the front and I helped her up on the stage.

"I'd like to thank this girl for being so kind to ... and I yesterday at the nightmarket. 謝謝你!"

"I'm Yoon Jiyeon. I'm Jeonghan Oppa and ... cousin." Jiyeon replies.

"All things aside," Seungcheol continued. "We're collaborating TWICE and not having our own comeback because CEO-nim is worried about the songs being leaked again, so we're having a mini album with TWICE instead. CEO expects us to finish the songs by the end of December, and then be able to launch the album by January."

My eyes flew open as a panicked Seungcheol filled my vision.

"Jun! Are you okay?" Seungcheol asked, worried.