Chapter 5

Hey there!

Dedicated to @storms_and_seas For this amazing person who votes first on my every update. P.S. If you want any graphics, check this person's account. The graphics are so amazing!

Warning: This chapter could be triggering for some as this chapter has violence. A lot of it. I am not going to sugarcoat it.

********

The next time Arien visited, Cathara, Skye and Miguel could not see him. In fact, they were speaking to themselves as if we were not there. For a second panic took over me, but I calmed down when I saw that eyes again. Pity, he came wearing a mask and a hood. Despite his attempt to disguise, I could tell him from that scent alone.

"Arien?" I called.

"So they were right," he said. I could hear a smile in his voice. "You could resist my power."

"Huh?" I asked.

he shook his hooded head. "Nothing much. Just here to check."

"On?" I asked.

"You," he said simply. "I tried to save you yesterday. Can't I check if the female I saved is alive?"

As a scientist, I knew that feeling. Checking on the things that you did.

"You can," I said. "You can."

He then chuckled. "I never expected this."

"What?" 

"There is some sort of familiarity," he said. "I never expected that."

"Oh!" 

Then he sat outside my cell. "What crime did you commit?"

I looked down and then at the chains that bound me. "Do I look like someone who had committed a crime?"

"Never judge a book by its cover," he said.

"I was mated to the Alpha of my pack," I said, each word burning my insides. "He chose another female. He rejected me and threw me here. I am a human, after all. An unshifted werewolf."

He scoffed. "That Alpha is a jerk. Want me to kill him for you?"

I blinked. "Why would you do that?"

"No one deserves to go through this," he said. "I have no idea why the Dungeon actually opened to put you in. If I could... I would release you."

I chuckled. "Thanks for the words."

"No," he said. "I do want to open it, but if I do that, I am worried that the true felons of this Dungeons would be free."

"They are here?" I asked in wonder.

He nodded. "There are so many dark creatures here, Lyra."

The way he said my name sent a blanket of warmth in the coldness. "You know my name."

"Alioth told me," he said. "Crime?"

I shrugged. "Since you saved my life, I guess not."

"What pack do you belong to?" he asked.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Does not." 

Then he looked at the other three. "Their time is up."

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at Cathara who was trying her best not to laugh at Miguel and Skye.

"They are free to go," he said. "It is a matter of time."