Chapter 35

A/N: Hey guys... the last chapter of the book. I really hope the story lived up to your expectations. 

If there is anything left unsaid... it's mostly because it will be taken over in the second book, like Mina and Silver's mating. Zyon... and all. But do leave the questions you want to see answered.

After this chapter, you will have the epilogue (which takes place after ten years). May be updated on this Saturday and Sunday. After that, loads of bonus content.

Not to mention, the voting for which book to be written is still open. Go ahead and vote for your favourite synopsis. (Perhaps I will put up a book where I will showcase all my future plans and you get to choose what I write next.)

I was having a few false news about a few tests because of which I could not write for three days.

Anyways, the word count of this chapter: 5247.  Total word count: 13,881.

I have mixed feelings which we can talk about later. Enjoy the update!

*******

I had always imagined if the fire Miguel summoned burnt his other form, but now I knew what it felt like when I breathed fire. I had to avenge the death of Brent and that was all my instincts knew then.

I raised my head and roared. Never did I expect myself to be someone with a flair for drama, but then, fire spewed out and I could imagine what a scene I would be.

The rational part of me sighed and tried to tone it down, while the newly awakened part that loved this attention wanted to spread my wings and show others how mighty I was.

While I had to battle my feelings, milder pain ran through me. Closing my eyes, I searched and found that Aspen had been a hidden shifter and she had shifted to a poisonous bird for the first time. Followed by her shift was Miguel Marking her.

How the hell did Varian know Miguel would do something like this? I meant both of us won the damned bet. I shook my head. At least after this mating, he could grow more brain cells.

I looked down to see Alioth gaping at me. She was a star was she not? Did she not see the dawn of the dinosaurs? So a big reptile that could fly was nothing for her then but seeing one now was a huge thing huh?

I bent down to see what Harper was doing. While everyone feared my other form, Harper smirked at me. Pressing a button, the glass opened and Harper took a step forward.

"Lyra Throne," Harper said, shaking her head. "Only if I had known earlier. If I had known that you were a pulsar, I would have killed you not banished you."

I snarled at her. She had killed three people close to me when she banished me. My father, Aurelia and Cathara. She had even managed to kill a Huntress.

Two energies dropped next to me. I knew one way better than I knew myself. And the other happened to be very powerful energy.

"A dragon," he said wistfully. "What a mighty sight to behold."

The hybrid scoffed. "That's all you see?"

"Well," Aries drawled. "What do you see?"

"I saw Melantha, Dubhe and the four hybrids," Megrez said.

Four hybrids? They were born already?

Lyra? Aries asked. Alright?

No, I mumbled. I... don't know how to shift back.

There was a gentle chuckle from his side. Just... think of what makes you human. What makes you Lyra Throne.

Closing my eyes, my mind showed me images of myself when I caught on the glass panels of the lab. That image of me wearing a coat and working hours non-stop. That image of me depending on coffee. The image of my team taking a huge rest and vacation when we finished a project.