Chapter 12

I blinked at the last Royal as a swirl of emotions washed through me. Confusion about her cross-dressing, honour on meeting her, and obviously a dash of laughter on seeing her cake-smeared face.

Snapping out of my daze, I took her clean hand, which she had extended. "Pleasure is mine, Princess."

"Call me Antlia," she smiled.

Taking her hand from mine, she went over the sink and washed her hands and face.

Cleaning herself with a towel, she grinned at a scowling Aries and gave the same grin with an additional hint of warmth to the people next to me.

"You all are?" she asked.

I did not know whether it was her blood or it was herself, but she did have that authority.

"Beta Rhaze, your highness," my sister said, taking a step forward. "I belong to Alpha Lyra's pack."

She gave my sister a look of horror. "Your Highness? I am just sixteen years old! Just call me Antlia. Perhaps in presence of the council, address me with titles shit."

"I knew I should have never sent you to Gemini." Aries pinched the bridge between his nose. "Look at you swearing."

"You swear too, Aries!" Antlia snapped. "I don't see anyone saying anything else."

"You are a kid," he exasperated. "You said that you are just sixteen!"

She snorted and shook her head. "Unbelievable."

I suppressed my smile.

"I am Reish Kaina," the witch said smiling. "Of the Northern Tribe."

Dropping her sour expression, she beamed at Kaina. "Nice to meet you." Then she turned to Rhaze. "Beta to your sister. From what I see, I sense a great deal of strength and sacrifice from you."

Rhaze held her breath. "Sacrifice?"

Antlia smiled sadly. "Last year, all I did was to travel. I met a few people who carried the burden of guilt and those who carried the weight of sacrifice. I have seen that look in the eyes."

Miguel stepped forward and gave his infamous smile. "I am Miguel, used to be the Delta of Winter Pack. I am from the Dungeon."

Antlia blinked in surprise. "The Dungeon? It let you go?"

"It did let me go with Lyra here," he said, glancing at me. "It did."

"Lyra too?" she asked, frowning. "Why was she there?"

"Later," I said. I did not want to reveal that sad story of mine now. "Later, I shall tell."

She nodded, then looked at the red-haired shifter. "You must be Varian."

He smiled. "Yes."

She sighed. "That's great. Can you show me a room? I just want to crash."

Aries stepped forward and started climbing the stairs after he motioned Antlia to follow him. She rolled her eyes at his back and mouthed to me, "So bossy."

"I can literally feel you mouthing words, Ant," he called. "Better come up."

She blinked and grimaced. Before she left, she hugged me. "Aries is just sceptical. Past that, he is just a male who protects the ones he loves. I am sorry if his behaviour offended you."

I returned the hug. "You don't need to apologize for anyone."

She laughed and shook her head. "Those Twelve will listen only to Moon. And in his absence, to Luna's descendants. If I am responsible for anyone, it would be those Twelve."