Chapter 26

A/N: This chapter is very short. Just about 1.5k words.

Guys... I want to inform you about something in the next update, which I hope is on Friday.

I am just a little bit sceptical about this decision of mine.

Let's see in the next update.

Also, yes, I wanted to update this on Friday, but I simply could not wait.

*******

I leant on the wall, trying to catch my breath. I did not know for how long I was walking around, but there was absolutely no way out. It was as if the only purpose of this Maze was to trap things in.

My headache that began the moment I was thrown in was slowly growing. So many flashes of the past came and I nearly passed out from the pain. Only if Aries was here, he could bring me back from the past that gripped me. I crouched and clutched my head between my hands. I did not know how long I stayed there, but the pain began to subside. I slowly got up on my feet.

I licked my lips and my eyes searched for any source of water. Getting dehydrated was not a great idea. But if this Maze was to function any little like the Dungeon, it would not allow me to die. But experience it.

I groaned and sat down again. Vines grew up the walls and on the ground, I was seated on.

The vines had a scent that my mind said I had scented it somewhere, but I could not think of where. I just knew it was out of the world. Purple and yellow flowers grew on the vines, decorating them.

But I had to admit it, the flowers were pretty to look at and smelled too sweet. And as the basic law of nature, anything too bright might be poisonous.

I tried my best to stay clear of those flowers. While the Dungeons offered me the companionship of rats and rodents and other fauna, Maze gave me the company of flora. It was creative, I had to give it to the person who created this. And just like many things, something said I knew who created it, but at this point, I was tired to even recollect.

I searched deep within me only to find that the link I had with my pack was intact, but I could not contact them. I could feel and read their thoughts, but they could not feel my presence.

One thing was clear. Rhaze had Marked Kaina.

I smirked. Who had been teasing who?

While that did lift my mood up, I was still sour. I had to get out. I could not let Harper catch me. Or Ethan.

I raised my head to see the sky wear the same weary grey colour. No clouds filled the space and no birds flew above. It was like a stimulation. Where the sky was the same.

Slowly, I lowered my sight to the wall opposite to me. There I caught something else.

The flower that was hanging before me was neither yellow nor purple. It was silver.

I gasped as I stood up and neared it. How could I have missed this? I touched the flower and to my surprise, it glowed. These flowers... they had a name. Hacaya. 

I took a step back. When I brought my finger that I had touched the flower with close to my nose, I smelled a scent I was so familiar with. It was a part of Aries' scent.

This gave me hope like no other.

While I was busy gazing at this flower, something else caught my eyes in the far right.

At what seemed the end of the path, was another white flower.

The sense of comfort it gave me was undeniable. I could not help myself as I followed it.