Chapter 27.2

A/N: I am so overwhelmed by the support you guys gave me!

And I have come to the conclusion that I will have my original version with the scene where Lyra and Aurelia interact. Lyra and Aries will meet in chapter 10.

That rewritten version is will be taken down in two days.

Also, I got a ko-fi account. I know that it is too soon, but if anyone is generous, you are welcome to but me a 'kofi'. Link in my bio.

As for this chapter... It is pure fluff. No blood, no gore, no pain. Pure fluff or that's what I aimed for. 

(This might be a rare chapter with no pain)

That being said, let's get on with it.

Who likes Cain?

*shamelessly raised hand*

I mean, I find it a bit easier to write his pov.

******

Carter Black frowned and then cleared his throat. "That's... a lot to take in, son."

Cain sighed. "I know, dad."

His father leaned on the desk. "Can... you show me the mark?"

Cain nodded and looked at the door again. It was midnight and the door to the Beta's study was locked. Not like anyone would barge in though.

He opened the first four buttons of his shirt and showed his father the mark. The mark which made him Luna's Hunter.

Carter Black gasped. "That's a mark alright."

Cain sighed and did his shirt. "Now can you understand why the bond between me and Aurelia broke?"

The Beta of the West Pack leant back on his chair. "Aurelia was never your mate, to begin with?"

Cain shook his head. "No."

Carter nodded. "It must be hard."

Cain gulped. "I loved her."

His father gave him a sharp look. "You still do."

Cain lowered his head. "Can love be forgotten over a period of a week, dad?"

Carter rose from his seat and came and stood next to him. "It cannot be. I never wanted anyone of my children to go through this. Any of this. I just wanted you both to have what your mother and I have."

Cain snorted. "What mom and you have? Thanks, dad, but I will pass. I half the time don't know if you love each other or hate each other."

His father smirked. "Whatever happens at the end of the day we belong to each other. Well, it's your mother's ability to challenge me is the one that has kept my head on my neck. Had she been a compliant female, I would have challenged stupid things and gotten myself in trouble. She is not just my mate, son, she is my sanity."

Cain laughed and got up. "That is one way of putting things, dad. I really pity mom for living with us. Amaris knows how much we drive her crazy."

His father hugged him. Unable to hold himself back, Cain hugged him back and allowed a tear to escape its confines.

Carter released him. "If your mother came to know about this, I am pretty sure she would understand. I hope she returns soon."