Chapter 33

A/N: I know. After a long time. 

But I still have many things coming at me. I will try my best to finish it by the end of this month, but no promises guys. And it would be helpful if you could read the next part that I will upload in the following two days to give me a suggestion on what story I should write for NaNoWriMo.

And... four more chapters for Aries to end.

*******

The sun woke from its deep slumber the next morning. Slowly peeking behind the grey clouds, it gave them a silver lining before torching the entire naked sky with various shades of gold and orange. Then slowly it sent its army to touch the earth in various shades of copper. It was a sight to behold.

The amber sky gave way to the morning birds that called out to their companions in their loudest voices. The leaves that blazed under that orange sunshine. The puddles of water and the dew lit up like scattered diamonds. As much there was a harshness to the sharp glare of the morning, there was a hidden softness behind the sunlight.

I sighed as I glanced at my hot black tea. Just yesterday Taurus and Zyon told us what was happening in West pack. Just yesterday we decided it was enough. Just yesterday we planned to strike first. Just yesterday I was the Alpha of a tiny unknown pack.

But that felt like it was a year ago. When in fact, it had been just a day. Ethan rejecting me was just merely three months ago but it felt like it was a lifetime ago.

The serenity the world had around me was lost to the swirling storm of my soul. I tried to find that calmness, that centre of the confusion, but I was pulled by the strong winds again.

A warm hand touched my shoulder before he sat next to me. "Rhaze is getting everyone up and ready."

I nodded as I sipped my tea. There was absolutely no one I would trust more than Rhaze. While Aries maybe my Soul-Bound, while we may have an eternity before us, I knew Rhaze the best. It would take a little more time for me to have this confidence in Aries.

"As much as it hurts," he said, feigning as though he was hurt. "I understand."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not that I don't trust you-"

"I know how much you trust me," he said softly. "And after your entire pack betraying you, I am surprised you could even trust me."

"I trust you!" I exclaimed. "I trust Kaina, Varian, Aislynn and Aspen!"

He gave me a long look. "You thought twice about saying anything to Andrew. And he was your good friend."

I shrugged. "It was instinctive."

Aries shook his head. "I wish you would allow me to track him."

"So you can kill him the way you wish to?" I asked, smiling sweetly.

"Perhaps shake him a little," he shrugged. "I mean, I do want to kill him using the torture methods I have seen the history-making, but I can sense your bloodlust too. You want your share too. And recently I found out that I can be generous."

I scoffed. "Recently?"

"Ever since I met you," Aries nodded seriously.

I gave him a sideways glance. "Seriously?"

"Yep," he said. "Of all the people I have met in my life, it is you."

I blinked at that word and set my mug next to me. "Tell me. Tell me why you chose me. Why of all the people you have met in your life, why me? Why did you want me?"