Chapter 16.1

I know. Another third pov chapter (You can read it or skip it)

Dedicated to SoulEater214 your comments made my day!

********

Her hands shook as she brought her thumb close to the biometrics. Sweat collected and she hastily wiped it in her jeans. Clenching her hands, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

One.

Two.

Three.

She snapped her eyes open to see her reflection on the glass doors. She had donned a navy blue jeans and a white tunic top. Her recently dyed honey brown hair was pulled in a high ponytail. Her nails were precisely cut and she had given them a pale pink colour.

To someone out, she looked professional enough with that calm face of hers. But her brown eyes betrayed the chaos and confusion that raged in her. It blatantly announced how nervous she was to the world.

Calming her fluttering heart, she pressed her thumb against the biometrics before she could lose her will. The doors opened stealthily like a midnight assassin.

The second she stepped in, the lights of the lab flared to life with a faint buzz.

She licked her lips. Computers and screens were there. She knew the West Pack had each information in digital as well as in hard copy. And to make sure that the information was valid, the papers were signed by the scientist who oversaw at that time. Most of the works had been signed by Liv in the past twenty years and by Lyra in the past three years. Before the two girls, it had been a male who signed most of the papers. His name was Warren Whyte, who had been Cain's best friend.

She bit her lips as she sat comfortably on a chair and switched on the computer in front of her.

A blue screen welcomed her and she quickly opened the database Cheryl had said.

Cher! She called out to the twin. I am in.

The reply came immediately. Amazing, Reece. Now go to the top-

As much as it irked her, she followed that female's command. Apart from Livvia, Cheryl was the one who knew how to search in the database. She could have asked Livvia if she was sure that female could be trusted.

As Cheryl was saying her what to do, another voice came in.

Why are you searching about him? Cat asked.

Dunno, Reece replied as she allowed her fingers to dance across the keyboard. Lyra asked.

About Raoul?

Yes, she said, as she entered the boy's name.

Immediately all the information the pack had about the boy appeared before her.

All the experiments Liv had done on Raoul.

All the experiments a mother had done on her child.

That was not it.

There were blood sample results that matched with Lyra's. Whatever this was, this was big. Lyra the first shifter, or so they had said. Now, this little boy's DNA matched with hers?

What was happening?

She delved in more. There had been a project Liv had headed. It had actually been a project under Warren. And for some reason, it was terminated. Liv had taken that project four years ago and she had received some interesting results.