Aries POV: ripped apart

A/N: This is the last chapter from Aries' pov. Last bonus chapter. After this chapter, There will be no more updates in this book. (I know I should not have dragged this for three years, but here I am)

By the way, get ready with tissues. Heck, even I cried at some places writing this chapter. 

Enjoy!

Varian drove the car at high speed as Miguel was singing along to a song that he had been hearing way more frequently, that it was unhealthy. But there was nothing I could say to him. The guy had been in the Dungeons for more than six hundred years and had missed out a lot. Or so we all thought. He fit in the current society way better than any of us did.

I looked out of the car and licked my lips. It had been more than twelve hours since we kissed, but I could still feel the way her lips felt on mine. I could feel her taste right at the tip of my tongue. It was a million times better than any fantasy.

I would have kissed her further, kissed her until she was incoherent of any other thought, but the memory that it stimulated in me made me pause. Whatever that had happened in the past, it had been because of me. Or that was the only memory I had left.

If I had hurt her in the past, how could I come in front of her and claim her as mine? Even if we were Soul-Bounds now, that never erased the fact of me hurting her in the past. What if she was to remember? What would she do? Leave me?

From the so many years that I have lived, if I had to say one thing in a relationship, it would be to never deceive the other party. I could deceive her now and pretend everything was fine. But what would happen if she were to learn in the future what I had done? Would she still look at me like I was the only star in her dark sky?

It would be hard now, to refuse my instincts to not kiss her, to not pull her closer to me. It would be hard for me now to part from her. But it would be so worth it if she stayed with me after knowing everything. For that, I should know what had happened in the past.

Yes, one reason why ‌I was going to the Sacred Library was to find more about Rionach. But the major reason why I am going there would be to find out more about ourselves.

Before leaving, I had stolen a silver bracelet of Lyra's. It was childish; I knew, but what could I do if I was going to be so far away from her? Especially after the bond had been newly thriving. Had it been any other couple, they would have demanded a couple of hundred years of vacation. Yet, here I was, not being close to her.

I rubbed the bracelet on my wrist and turned in just to see Miguel smirk at me. He suddenly paused the music and grinned eerily.

"That's Lyra's," he commented.

Very much required comment. At this time. Thank you, Miguel.

"Can I boldly guess?" Varian chimed from the driver's seat.

Why did I bring these two with me? After all, I could have gone there myself and saved myself from all these troubles. I should just stop questioning myself for taking questionable decisions and just take decisions which made sense.

Yet, I could not stop the smile from surfing my face. Just the thought of her was enough to make me think that the world was alright. That living was not as painful as I thought it would be.

"Guess what?" I asked, closing my eyes to enjoy the lazy, sprawling sunrays.

Varian chuckled. "Lyra's scent was strong on you this morning. And you have not bothered to remove it from your skin. And this kind of behaviour... only mated males would do. Only they would wear the scent of their partner with pride."