War- Zach Herron

Y/N's POV

My boyfriend Zach has been away in the army for two years, in that two years we've only FaceTimed and texted each other.

I walked down the halls of my school, today we have the yearly Christmas assembly before Christmas holidays tomorrow. The whole school will gather in the gym and the principal will do some sort of speech then the whole school sings Christmas carols together.

I walked to the gym with my grade 11 math class and I sat beside my best friend, Sarah. We talked until the whole school was in the gym and the principal started her speech, I zoned out for most of it because it's the same every year, how we've come so far since September and that we're going to grow into something amazing. But near the end I zoned back in when I heard my name.

"Can y/n y/l/n please make her way to the front?" The principal asked. I stood up slowly and walked towards the front, I stood beside my principal and she started talking again. "Now, since it's almost Christmas we have a little surprise for you," she said. I looked at her confused. "Everybody please welcome sergeant Zachary Herron!"

I turned around and saw Zach walking towards me with a smile. I ran to him and jumped into his arms, I straddled his waist and put my head into his neck. I started crying as the whole crowd bursted into applause.

"Hi princess," Zach said gently.

"Hi," I replied. Zach put me on the ground and he wiped my tears, I hugged his waist and held him tightly. "I missed you so much," I whispered.

"I missed you too baby," he replied. I let go and my principal brought us back up to the front.

"Ready for the carols everyone?" She asked into the microphone. The whole crowd cheered and the music started playing. Zach and I went off to the side and I leaned my head on his shoulder as everyone sang. It definitely was the perfect Christmas.

A/N sorry for making this so short🤷🏼‍♀️ I'm not creative so send in requests!!