Fire - Jonah Marais

Requested by; @DhyaniGohil

Rachel's POV

The fire grew bigger and bigger, slowly chasing after me.

My boyfriend Jonah and I live in an apartment building together, on the 7th floor. The fire alarm went off but Jonah wasn't in the apartment at that time, but he was still in the building.

I ran down the stairwell with hundreds of other people trying to escape. The whole time I worried about Jonah.

"Get down!" Somebody shouted. Everybody crouched to the ground as an explosion went off, just on the other side of the wall we were near. The wall was blown through and I went flying backwards. I hit my back against a wall then my head harshly, everything went black.

*a few minutes later*

I sat up and felt the back of my head, it was gushing blood. The fire was crawling up and was only metres away from me, I had no escape.

"Rachel!" I heard a familiar voice shout, Jonah.

"J-Jonah," I called. I saw him run to me and he picked me up in his arms.

"It's going to be ok, I'm going to get us out of here," he rambled. I nodded then held onto him tighter. "It's going to be hot ok?"

"Ok," I replied with a nod.

Jonah went into the stairwell and started running down the stairs at full speed, skipping the last few stairs. I held onto him tighter from fear and he kissed my forehead gently.

"It's ok, we're going to be ok," he soothed.

I started coughing from all of the smoke I was inhaling, Jonah was also coughing and panting but he didn't stop. I started closing my eyes but Jonah shook me again. "Stay awake, you most likely have a concussion, you have to stay awake," he said desperately. I nodded tiredly and fought to keep my eyes open.

20 minutes later I felt cool air hit my whole body. I noticed we were now outside. Jonah handed me over to someone, I didn't know who it was.

I was placed on a bed and people started looking at me.

My vision blurred as the doctors kept checking my body and heartbeat.

"J-Jonah, where's Jonah?" I mumbled. "Jonah!" I tried to shout but it came out as a whisper.

"Jonah will meet you at the hospital, you need to calm down," a doctor said. I nodded slightly as they bandaged the back of my head.

I was put into an ambulance and it started driving away.

*at the hospital after being fixed up*

I opened my eyes to see that I was in a hospital room, my vision was blurry as I looked around. I saw 6 blurry statues of people.

"Jonah?" I whispered.

"I'm right here love," I heard him say as he sat down on the bed and held my hand. I rubbed my eyes and the blurriness left a little bit, I could now make out Jonah's face.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I inspected his body.

"I'm fine love, a little bit of smoke inhalation but I'll be fine," he explained with a smile.

I looked around and saw my 5 best friends, Daniel, Zach, Corbyn, Jack, and Christina. Christina came over to me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're ok," she mumbled into my shoulder. I hugged her back then she pulled away with a smile. The other boys all hugged me and said something like Christina did.

Jonah stayed on my bed and holding my hand, and I was glad that he was there with me.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"I'm not sure princess, a doctor needs to check you out before they tell us," Jonah answered. I nodded slightly, making my head throb from pain.

Just then a doctor walked in.

"Hello Rachel, I'm doctor Taylor, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"My head hurts," I replied.

"That's totally normal. You have a concussion right now and also a 3rd degree burn on your left hand and also a gash on the back of your head. We got the burn under control but you will have a permanent scar there, and for your head we have cleaned it out and closed it with stitches, it will be bloody for a while but then you'll just have a small mark from the stitches. And for the concussion I will explain the rules later when you're more conscious, for now just don't look straight at the light or any electronics," she explained. I nodded and looked at Jonah, he looked back at me with a smile then kissed my knuckles.

"So she'll be ok?" he asked the doctor.

"Yes, Rachel will be fine," Doctor Taylor replied. Jonah sighed in relief and smiled at me. "There's a red button right beside you that will page me if you need anything," Doctor Taylor said then left.

"Can I be alone with Jonah?" I asked quietly.

"Of course, we'll go home and visit tomorrow," Christina answered with a smile. I nodded then they left. Jonah looked down at me, his face filled with concern.

"Baby, I'm ok, you don't need to look at me like that," I told Jonah and rubbed his hand with my thumb.

"Sorry, but I've been waiting too damn long to see you, I thought I lost you forever," he said as his eyes grew glossy from tears. I opened my arms for a hug and he happily accepted it. I held him in my arms securely and played with his hair.

"You won't ever lose me, I promise," I said gently. He nodded then pulled away.

He connected our lips and put his body closer to mine. I smiled which also caused him to smile.

It was just the two of us, right here, right now.

A/N sorry if this is bad, I've never read or written anything like this before

•••••

Make sure you vote and comment💞

PM me for a request❤️

Keep reading!