Audition - Daniel Seavey

Y/N's POV

"You're going to do great baby," Daniel said over FaceTime.

"I'm so nervous," I mumbled.

"Don't be, they'll love you. I have to go, good luck," he said with a smile.

"Thank you Baby, I love you."

"I love you too" he replied then hung up.

Today's the day that I'm auditioning on America's Got Talent. I've been singing ever since I was little and I've sung a lot with my boyfriend Daniel and his bandmates, Jack, Jonah, Corbyn, and Zach.

I stood beside the stage with Keri and Jeff. My parents were never supportive of me and they basically abandoned me when I was 15.

"You're on!" Nick told me and handed me a microphone. I gave him a quick smile and hugged Keri and Jeff one more time before walking on stage.

"Hello! What's your name?" Mel B asked me with a smile.

"I'm Y/n Y/l/n," I answered.

"What are you here to do today?" Heidi asked.

"I'm going to be singing an original song," I replied.

"Who's here to watch?" She asked.

"My boyfriend's parents," I said.

"What about your boyfriend?"

"He's a part of a band and is currently on tour, we won't see each other for another month or so."

"I'm sure he's very proud," Mel B said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"What's the song about?"

"How me and my boyfriend met," I answered.

"Ok! Good luck!" Heidi said with a smile. I walked over to the piano on the stage and put my microphone in the stand. I took a deep breath and put my hands on the starting key then started singing. (A/N credits to Tate Mcrae for the song! It's at the top of u wanna listen to it! And the song starts at about 1:25 if u wanna skip to there on the video)

"She stares at her ceiling once again,
with 100 thoughts.
"Maybe he knows who I am?" "actually, probably not"...
She walks down the hall with her head down low
Scared to meet his eyes
Even when she hears his voice, she's swarmed with butterflies
It's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about 100 thoughts and you are 99
I've understood that you will never be
mine, and that's fine... I'm just breaking inside
He always walks the crowded halls, and is blinded by this light
A girl who keeps her head down low, and never shows her eyes...
He's tried to talk to her but there's no easy way
'Cause everytime he raises his voice, she runs away
Oh it's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about 100 thoughts and you are 99
I've understood that you will never be
mine, and that's fine... I'm just breaking inside
And one day, maybe she'll stay
And start to head over his way
And one day, she'll look into his eyes,
and instead of breaking, she'll call him mine...
One day he'll grab her by the waist
And force them to meet
Face to face
And one day, he'll look into her eyes
And say that "You're my only light"," I sung. The crowd started cheering and I got a standing ovation. I stood up and took my microphone with me to the middle of the stage. Tears filled my eyes as the judges also stood up. "Thank you so much," I said into the microphone.

When the crowd settled down the judges started giving their opinions.

"That was absolutely amazing," Simon told me.

"Thank you," I replied as I wiped a tear away.

"Why are you crying?" Mel B asked sweetly.

"I just know how proud Daniel is and I know it's killing both of us not seeing each other," I answered as I wiped more tears away.

"I mean she's not wrong," I heard a familiar voice say into a microphone. I turned around and saw Daniel walking towards me.

"Oh my god Dani," I mumbled. I ran to him and jumped into his arms as the crowd started cheering again.

"Hi princess," Daniel whispered in my ear.

"Hi," I replied through my sobs. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too beautiful," he replied. He put me back on the ground and wiped my tears, he placed a gentle kiss on my lips then we walked toward the front of the stage together.

"So this is the boyfriend?" Heidi asked.

"Yes he is," I answered.

"I'm glad you two could reunite," Mel B said with a smile. I smiled back and her smile grew.

"But I have to do something before I keep congratulating you," she continued. I looked at her confused and before I knew it the golden buzzer was pressed.

"Oh my god," I shouted. I hugged Daniel tightly and he hugged me back just as tight. Keri and Jeff came out and joined in, making it a group hug.

"We are so beyond proud of you Y/n," Keri told me.

"Yes we are," Jeff added.

"So proud baby," Daniel told me. We pulled away from the hug and I waved to the audience as we walked off of the stage.

When we got backstage Daniel hugged me again and showered my face with kisses. "I'm so proud of you baby, I knew you could do it," he told me with a grin. I smiled and kissed his nose.

"You helped me get here."

"How?"

"You believed in me."