Panic attack - Jack Avery

Y/N's POV

I get panic attacks quite often, usually when I'm stressed out or nervous.

I was sitting in the back of class, listening to the teacher when I suddenly started shaking, that's when I knew I was having a panic attack. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breathes, trying to calm down before I embarrassed myself, only my close friends know about my attacks.

A few tears fell down onto my cheeks and I started sweating.

"Are you ok Y/n?" Mrs. Stephanie asked.

"Uh, May I be excused for a little bit?" I asked with shaker breaths.

"Sure, go calm yourself down," she said with a caring smile. Mrs. Stephanie is literally the nicest teacher ever, if it was any other teacher I would be stuck in my chair having a panic attack.

I got up from my seat and I felt eyes on me as I walked out of the classroom.

I sat on the floor against a locker and sobbed into my hands.

A few seconds later I felt someone grab my hand. I looked up and saw my crush, Jack Avery, looking at me with a smile.

"You ok?" he asked kindly. I nodded my head then started sobbing again. Jack pulled me into a hug and rocked me back and forth gently. "Shh, calm down," he whispered while he stroked my hair.

When I was calmed down enough to talk I looked at Jack with a small smile.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I get panic attacks all the time," I answered.

"Ready to go back to class?" Jack asked sweetly. I nodded my head then Jack stood up and helped me up.

Jack held my hand as we entered the classroom together, we sit next to each other so we didn't have to separate from each other.

We sat in our seats and I saw a few people looking at us, but I just kept looking at Mrs. Stephanie as she continued the lesson.

*after school*

I walked out the front doors of the school and started walking home.

"Y/n!" I heard Jack shout as he ran to me.

"Hey Jack," I said as he reached me.

"Hey," he replied.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you want to hang out at my place," Jack said shyly. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure," I answered. Jack smiled at me then we continued walking to his house.

*Jack's house*

We walked inside and went up to his room. I looked around in awe, his room was so organized and neat, as well as it was huge.

"Wow," I whispered.

"Probably not much different then your bedroom," Jack said with a small laugh.

"Only it's 10x bigger," I said.

"Is your room really that small?" Jack asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, my mom hasn't done very well financially since my dad died, that's why I already have a job in grade 12," I said quietly.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know," Jack said as he looked down awkwardly.

"It's ok Jack," I said and put my hand on his shoulder. He smiled at me then we sat on his bed and talked.

•••

"Truth or dare Y/n?" Jack asked.

"Truth," I answered.

"Who do you like?" he asked with a smirk. I blushed and looked down. I was never one to not answer a truth or not do a dare.

"You," I said quietly. Jack let out a laugh and I looked up in embarrassment. "I shouldn't have said that," I said as a tear slid down my face.

"No no no, I'm not laughing at you Y/n," Jack said and placed one hand on my shoulder and used the other to wipe away my tears. "I was just thinking how stupid I've been to not ask you out because I was scared that you would reject me."

"Y-You like me?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes," Jack answered with a smile. I looked down to hide the blush that was rising to my face.

Jack pulled my head up with his finger and smiled at me. He quickly connected our lips and I felt my cheeks get hotter.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and straddled his waist, which made him smile.

When we pulled away we both had huge grins on our face.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jack asked me sweetly.

"Of course," I replied with a giggle. I placed a gentle kiss on his lips, leaving him with a huge smile. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around around me. "Thank you for helping me today," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Anything for you my love."

•••••

Make sure you vote and comment💞

PM me for a request❤️

Keep reading!