CHAPTER 26

HOSPITAL

Shivaay stands in front of the ICU door and looks at Anika through the glass. Anika was lying on the bed with several wires and machines attached to her body. She was looking so pale.

Several emotions prick Shivaay's heart. Tears were continuously flowing from his eyes. He was feeling so helpless after looking at her condition.

He opens the door and moves towards her bed. He sits beside her and holds her hand in his hand.

S- I am sorry, Anika. I am really sorry. I was not able to protect you. I failed as a husband. Please Anika don't do this to me. I won't be able to live without you. If you want to punish me then please punish me after waking up, not like this.

Shivaay was not able to control his tears and his tear falls on Anika's face. Anika moves her finger. It seems that she has already felt that Shivaay is in pain and agony and crying for her. She wants to relieve his pain.

Shivaay feels the movement of her finger and immediately cups her face.

S- Anika..Anika.. Can you hear me?

A- Sh...Shiv...aay....Shivaay.

S- Yes, Anika. I am here only.

Anika slightly opens her eyes and looks at his tear drenched face. She smiles weakly at him and slightly raises her hand to wipe his tears. Shivaay holds her hands softly and she gently wipes his tears.

A- You look like a cartoon while crying.

Shivaay laughs lightly at her sentence.

S- How are you feeling now?

A- Better.

Shivaay slightly bends down and kisses her forehead. Anika smiles at him.

S- You wait here. I will call the doctor.

Anika nods and Shivaay leaves to call the doctor.

After few seconds, Shivaay comes in the ICU with doctor. Doctor examines her and gives a surprising look.

D- This is a miracle. I mean I really did not expected that she will gain consciousness after few hours of the surgery but it is unbelievable. Her wounds are really very severe so you have take extra care of her. She won't be able to use her hand atleast for 15 days. Please don't exert any pressure on her head. Take care.

S- Thank you doctor.

Doctor smiles and leaves.

Shivaay goes near Anika and sits beside her.

A- Shivaay, where is dadi? Is she fine?

S- Yes, dadi is fine. She went to washroom a while ago.

Anika nods. Shivaay looks at her with teary eyes. He was trying to control his tears because he doesn't want to make Anika tensed.

Anika notices him and immediately gets to know that he was controlling his emotions.

A- Shivaay, Are you fine?

Shivaay looks at other side and wipes the tear from the corner of his eyes and looks at her with a fake smile.

S- Ya, I am fine . What will happen to me?

A- Really, Shivaay?

S-Ya, you rest here, till then I will get your medicines.

He was about to leave when Anika holds his hand from back and signs him to sit next to her. Shivaay was looking down as he was not able to control his tears anymore.