CHAPTER 40

Shivaay and Anika returned from the office. Shivaay was about to open the lock of the door but he saw that it was already open. Shivaay and Anika looked at each other and entered inside the house. They saw that dadi was sitting with panditji (priest) and discussing something serious.

S- Dadi!

Dadi looks at them and smiles.

D- Its good that you both came early. Come sit with me. I have to talk something important.

Shivaay and Anika nods their head and settles themselves on the adjacent couch.

A- Dadi, is everything fine?

D- Yes puttar. Everything is fine.

S- Then, Panditji is also here?

D- Puttar! I know that you both got married in different circumstances but I was not there to see your marriage. I want to witness your marriage before I die.

S/A- Dadi, please. Don't say like this.

Dadi smiles at them and nods her head.

S- Ok. When is the marriage?

D- Today.

Shivaay and Anika looked at her shocked.

A/S- WHAT?

S- But dadi, how will we manage everything, preparations and all?

D- There is nothing to manage. Everything is done. The marriage will be a simple one and Panditji has arranged everything in the temple. Ok?

Shivaay and Anika were still unsure about the marriage.

Dadi looks at Shivaay and holds his hand.

D- Shivaay, today is your parent's wedding anniversary and they always wished that their son should get married on their wedding anniversary. I asked panditji about auspicious time so he said that today is the most auspicious day and the couple who gets married today can never be separated in seven births. Please Shivaay, do this for me and your parents. Will you marry Anika today?

Anika holds his hand and Shivaay looks at her. Anika smiles and nods her head in yes. Shivaay smiles.

S- Ok, dadi. We will Marry today.

Dadi smiles widely and hugs both of them.

D- Go and get ready. Your clothes are kept in your room.

Shivaay looks at Dadi with a shocked face.

S- But how did you know that we will agree to get married?

Dadi smiles and pulls his nose.

D- Because I am your dadi and you are my grandson.

Anika chuckles at Shivaay.

Shivaay and Anika finally leave to get ready.

As soon as they entered the room, Anika picks up her lehenga and caresses it.

A- Wow! Shivaay, its so pretty.

Shivaay smiles at her.

S- But not more pretty than you.

Shivaay back hugs her.

Anika lowers her eyes and blushes.

A- Go and get ready otherwise we'll get late.

Shivaay nods and kisses her cheek and leaves from there.

Anika smiles widely and moves towards washroom to get ready.