XVIII

Me and Luke are walking around San Fransisco. We just ate lunch at Subway, and we're walking towards a mall. It's the biggest mall in San Fransisco, with over 150 shops so I'm sure we'll have some kind of fun.

It's Tuesday, so most people are at work or school, meaning we won't get noticed. At least, I hope so. Would be better for me and definitely for Luke.

Luke looks around all the time, having a smile on his face. I can see he's enjoying his time here and that makes me happy. I haven't seen Luke sad in a while and I'm so, so glad he's feeling much better. I don't want him to be sad because he deserves all the happiness in the world.

"Are we close to the mall yet?" Luke asks me. He looks down at me and smiles. I nod. "I guess so, it's 5 minutes away from where we are now." Luke nods. "Cool."

We walk further in silence. I'm kinda scared actually, because what if people see me? What will they think? That I'm Luke's girlfriend? I'll be all over the internet as the unknown girl and I'm sure people will look for my Instagram. They'll assume that I'm Luke's girlfriend, that we're dating and happily together but in fact we're just friends. And how much we want to tell that I am indeed his friend, half of the fans won't believe it because they always say that even though the boys are dating someone.

I don't know if I'm ready for that yet, to be recognized and get some sort of fame. I don't want fame. I want to be Luke's friend.

And maybe girlfriend. Maybe I want to be his just a little bit.

"Oh I can see it now!" Luke smiles and looks at me. His face lits up. "I really need a new belt so I'm excited to look for one. Oh, and I want to buy something for you because I like you so much. To thank you for being such a good friend of mine. My best friend, actually."

Luke takes my hand after his rambling and pulls me towards the entrance. I try to catch up with his long legs but it's kind off difficult if you ask me. My cheeks turn into a deep shade of red in the meantime because of the kind words Luke said to me.

We enter the mall after a short minute, me trying to calm my nerves and the red color on my cheeks. Luke looks around. "What shop has nice belts?"

I lift my shoulders and try to hide my face in my hoodie. "Gucci?" I meant to say it as a joke, but Luke nods and pulls me towards the Gucci store.

Alright then, why not buy a Gucci belt huh? He's rich anyway.

We walk into Gucci and it makes me uncomfortable. I feel not rich at all 'cause seeing these prices makes me want to cry. Some of these Gucci items are just as much as my monthly rent, or even more.

"What do you think of this one?" Luke points at a belt with a tiger on it. I nod. "It's the best of all the belts."

"I like it a lot, should I buy it?" I lift my shoulders and look away. "You better not ask me that. I think it's too damn expensive." Luke takes my hand in his, making me look at him. "You're right, but you can see if it's nice or not."

I sigh softly and nod. "It would suit really well with your clothes." Luke smiles and decided to buy it anyway, even though he knows it's expensive.

We leave the Gucci store after Luke bought his belt. I look around and mumble some words. "Okay so, what is something you really want at the moment?"

"A boyfriend," I say without thinking. My eyes widen and I shake my head multiple times. "Wait! Okay, no, I didn't mean that. Uh, new shoes I guess."

I start to walk into a random direction, wanting to get into a store as soon as possible so I don't have to talk to Luke. He follows me and I hear him chuckle softly.

"New shoes huh? Adidas, Nike, VANS, Converse?"

"The high top red converse."

Luke smiles and drags me along to a sneaker store. I look around and see what he has spotted. "Luke, no. No, no, no. I won't let you do that."

Luke grabs a box with my size on it and smiles. "Oh yes we're doing this. I want to thank you and this is my thank you. I love buying shoes, especially for cute girls."

He winks at me and walks towards the mans section. I sigh and plop down on a random bench while waiting for Luke since he's looking for some shoes as well.

I look around the store, watching some people and sighing deeply, waiting for Luke to be done. My eyes turn towards the entrance as some people walk in and I wish I didn't look in that direction.

I really don't want to see that person right now.