XXV

"Luke, it's 2am in the morning."

"I know." I smile. I bet he's smiling too. "Why are you calling me? I was asleep." I pout to myself. He woke me up by calling me, I hate myself for not putting it on silence.

"I missed you." And there my heart goes. I swear it just jumped out of my chest.

"I missed you too." He sighs. "How's it at home?" To be honest? Not really good 'cause you're not here with me to cuddle me and call me cute names while kissing the top of my head while I fall asleep. "Good. How's New York?"

"It's New York-ish.. You know." I chuckle. "Yeah, never been to New York so I've actually got no idea Luke," I say to him. He lets out an 'O' while sighing. "Right."

It's silent for a while. We both don't know what to say. I'm half asleep, listening to his breathing, and Luke's just.. in New York.

Wait, isn't it 5am?

"Luke what the fuck are you doing at 5am in the morning?" He chuckles and I hear a toaster go off. Is he making breakfast?

"I couldn't sleep anymore. I keep on missing you and being excited for the rest of the tour.. All at the same time. It makes me sleep for a while, but not a whole night.. And now I'm hungry so I'm making myself some avocado toast."

I pout. "Oh.. I'm sorry." He can't sleep because he's missing me. Is that on me? I mean I could visit him maybe? Or maybe I can't because I'm stuck at home because of college.

"I have school tomorrow," I say. I turn around in my bed so I'm laying on my other side. I look at the wall with the polaroid pictures on it. Some are with friends, and recently I added some new ones with my new friends and almost lover.

There's one with Luke where he's having his arms around me from behind. Calum took it when he stole my camera. He used all of my photos, there goes my 10 dollars. Thanks Calum.

Another one is Luke and Michael being shitheads while having a drink in their hands, toasting. There's one of Ashton and me where I look at Ashton as if he's crazy.

My favorite one is the one where Luke looks lik a ghost. Calum accidentally made it, and it looks ridiculous. Luke actually looks kinda scary but it's worth a place on my wall. It looks amazing in between all the polaroids on my wall.

Another fave of mine is me and Calum playing a card game. We both look so concentrated it's so funny to me. I've got no idea why.

"My toast turned out amazing," Luke says. I know he's nodding satisfied. He always does that when he's proud of himself. It's cute.

Luke's cute.

And I want to kiss him right now.

Ew I'm getting sick of myself. Me and Luke really should go out soon 'cause it can't be like this. I feel like a teenage girl, loving this boyband member.

Maybe I kinda am in that position but I had no idea who his band was. I still don't know their band, actually. I don't remember a single name of one of their songs.

Oops? Am I a bad soon to be girlfriend now?

But seriously, I feel like I'm one of those teenage girls that run after their favorite band member, wanting him to date them because they're so perfect. Just dreaming about being with that person and hoping that one day, maybe when there's a meet and greet, that they will fall for them.

But, in this case, I'm actually talking to the band member I like and I'm not a fan so...

"When will you take me to New York?"

I don't know why I asked that question but I just really want to know I guess. I'm on the edge of falling asleep and staying awake, actually, so I don't know what I'm saying most of the time.

"Whenever you're free, pretty." Luke starts humming a song and I hear that he's taking a bite from his toast. I pout my lips and smile right after. "Deal, Hemmings."

I yawn and turn around in my bed. The clock says it's 2:30, maybe it's time to sleep.

"Luke," I say in a whisper, yawning again. "Yeah?" he says with his mouth full. I chuckle and close my eyes. "I'm going to sleep." I feel like Luke's smiling at the other side of the phone.

"That's alright. Goodnight, beautiful. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Luke takes another bite of his toast. "Good luck at school tomorrow, Jimi." I hear some movements and then he starts speaking again. "I love you."

The biggest smile creeps on my lips. "I love you too," I say softly. With that, I fall asleep. I don't notice that Luke was still on the phone with me, listening to me sleeping, because he just thinks it's way too cute I fell asleep on that exact sentence.