XLIII

After our date, Luke and I get back to our hotel. We spend some time at the hotel, watched a movie, ate some snacks and just laid around in our hotelroom.

At like 1AM, Luke wanted to go somewhere else with me, he said, and told me to wait outside for a bit. So that's what I did, at 1:30AM, on my own, at the front of the hotel we're staying.

The entrance of the hotel is really beautiful, though. It has many pink flowers, cute little trees and rocks laying outside. It looks like a small park entrance. Really cute if you ask me. I don't mind spending time in here but it's a bit lonely when you're alone.

I sit down at one of the benches. I've got no idea what's taking so long. Luke said he would be done within twenty minutes, but it's been thirty already and I'm alone. The other guys are sleeping already, so no idea what he would be doing right now.

I look at my phone, 1:35AM. Way too late to even get outside right now. But oh well, it's fine I guess. Luke wanted to show me something so I'm totally fine with it I guess.

If Luke just hurried up already.

I sigh as I look at my phone again. Minutes have been passed by and I'm close to getting inside the hotel and just get to bed to go to sleep. I'm really not in the mood to wait for longer than five minutes.

Just as I'm about to stand up, my phone vibrates in my pockets. I look at my screen and see Luke's calling me. I pick up, and start to talk immediately. "Luke, what the heck are you doing? I've been waiting for over thirty minutes! You can't tell me you fell asleep for some reason. I'm cold, I'm tired and-" 

Luke chuckles, what makes me stop talking. "Luke, seriously, I'm going to get mad at you," I say to him with an annoyed voice, rolling my eyes. "Babe, I'm sorry. I just had to handle some things. Can you stay at the phone with me for a while?"

I nod to myself. "Sure, will you hurry up?" Luke mumbles something at the other side of the phone. "Yes of course. Can you walk to the right of you, babe? I'm there somewhere. Just start walking and you'll see me."

I sigh and roll my eyes again, starting to walk. "Sure."

Luke starts to talk again. "These late night calls really remind me of something, you know?" I nod a little and smile at the thought. "Yeah, it's where it all started," I say softly. That makes me smile. I'm really glad me and Luke started talking.

"I was in such a bad place, but I'm not anymore. All thanks to you. I really thought you didn't like me at first, but look where we're at now, Jimi. We're together, for real.. And I've never been happier in my entire life."

I blush at his words and just keep walking forward. Why does Luke want to meet me somewhere here? It doesn't make sense. He could've just pick me up at the entrance of the hotel, but alright. I also have the weird feeling someone's following me and it's scaring me. But oh well, it's almost 2am, it's not weird I have this feeling. I'm walking somewhere alone, in a weird city.. Ew, a perfect way to scare me Hemmings. It isn't even Halloween yet.

Or is it here? Now I'm getting scared.

"Are you trying to scare me, though? It would be mean if it's suddenly Halloween here and I don't like it," I say into my phone. Luke laughs. "Can't I just tell my beautiful girlfriend how happy I am with her?"

I shrug to myself. "I don't know," I mumble, looking around my surroundings. It's pretty scary to me. I've been walking for five minutes already, where the fuck is Luke?

"I'm really happy you're mine, Jimi," Luke says with happy sigh. I can just feel him smiling through my phone, and yes that is possible. "So fucking happy, you know?"

"I'm so happy with you too, Luke." A huge smile creeps on my lips. The street is getting a little lighter, and I feel a little safer. 

"That's why I want to ask you something-" And then the phone cuts off.

My eyes widen. What's happening? Why did my phone die? I look around, still walking forward. "Luke?" I ask softly. This is not funny at all. Did he plan all this to scare me? 'Cause if he did, he can fuck off and sleep on the couch.

The only way to go now is left, so I take a turn and my eyes widen when I see a beautiful scene in front of me, with Luke kneeling down. I know what Luke wants to ask me now.

"Do you want to marry me, Jimi?"

My eyes widen and I run towards Luke, with him standing up. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him a hundred times, nodding my head and repeating the same word over and over again. "Yes Luke, fuck yes of course I want to marry you."

"She said yes!" The boys all walk towards us, clapping their hands. I'm so overwhelmed that I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm so happy but I also want to cry. And that's why I'm crying right now, god.. I'm so happy.

Luke's holding me close to him and all I can look at is his beautiful face. A face that will belong to me for the rest of my life. Where I can look at at for the rest of my life. Wow, that feels so good to say.

How did I not notice Luke was about to do such a thing like this? Maybe I didn't expect it to be at this place, at this time, heck it's 2AM.. But it's all where it started, and gosh.. He really thought about this. I suddenly start to cry even more out of happiness and wrap my arms around Luke's body, burying my face into his neck.

My thoughts go in so many ways, I don't even know what I'm thinking anymore. I can feel Luke smile against my head and kissing it softly. 

"I love you so incredibly much Luke Hemmings."

"I love you so so much, babe.. You make me the happiest. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Luke lets go of me and grabs my hand in his, sliding the engagement ring around my finger. He looks into my eyes and caresses the ring around my finger with his thumb. "So so much," he whispers before pressing his soft lips against mine.

I can't believe Luke Hemmings will be my husband soon.