XXXVIII

"Hey pretty," I hear Luke's voice through the speaker of my phone. My lips curl into a small smile and I turn around in my bed.

"Hey, handsome." Luke sighs and I can hear him walk somewhere that's not a hotel or anything. I'm sure he's somewhere outside, maybe on a walk? I've got no idea where he is right now. I think it was Europe, Paris maybe? Or was it Amsterdam? Might also be Berlin.

"Is there something wrong?" I sit up in my bed and sit against the wall, pulling the covers as far as possible over my body.

It's silent for a while. I hear cars driving by, people screaming in the distance and I hear some chatter close to the mic. Luke doesn't say anything and neither do I.

"I just.." He sighs again and I just know he runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "I just feel so stressed. This is where it all went wrong, you know? Touring, stressing, me not feeling well. I feel like it's all coming back and you not being here just makes it even harder."

My mood turns a whole 180 degrees. I hate it when he's feeling bad, he doesn't deserve it. Luke deserves all the love in the world.

"Have you felt this way the whole tour?" I ask him. "No, just the past couple of days.. I think since Wednesday." It's Friday now, so it's been three days or so.

"It might be just a moment in time, babe. You just landed in Europe, the jet lag has just kicked in maybe and you're in another continent, far away from your family and loved ones. You just have to adjust to the environment."

I bite my lip. It's day in Europe, right? Is it? I've got no idea where he is right now. He told me he was going to be in Amsterdam and Berlin this week but I don't know for sure, since the city Paris came up as well. Either way, it should be nine hours ahead of me so I think it's morning there. Little too early if you ask me. Oh Lukey, what are you doing up this early...

"I think you're right." He sighs and I hear him say hi to someone. I try to recognize the chatter in the background but I don't hear a single thing. Maybe he's using headphones.

"I just feel so numb. I feel like I'm alone sometimes. Michael has his girlfriend with him, I think Ashton is seeing someone and Calum is just Calum... He's friends with everyone, and never alone."

"You're not alone Luke. You're never alone. You have your bandmates, your friends. Most importantly, you have me. I'm always able for a call. We can always Facetime or call each other and you know that."

He humms some words. The silence takes over again. I hear birds now, some water.. Is he in a park? Maybe he's close to a fountain. He's outside, that's for sure.

"I know, Jimi.. I know you're always here. And I love you. I love you so incredibly much. I don't know why I deserve you, but for some reason I do and I'm so glad you're in my life. You made my life so much brighter. I hope you know."

A small smile creeps on my face again and I nod. "Of course Luke... You do deserve me. We deserve each other. And I'm so happy too. I love you endlessly."

I can feel him smile through the phone. "Hearing your voice made me feel a lot better, you know? I still feel like shit, but less shitty as before. Hearing your voice makes everything better." I chuckle softly and play with the sheets around my legs.

"Good. I'm glad you called me." Luke chuckles a little as well, and that makes me smile even more. "Of course. You're the most important person in my life."

Imagine me not loving Luke Hemmings with more than my whole existence and the whole universe.

"And you're mine, Hemmings." He sighs, a happy sigh this time. "Good. I'm close to a nice cafeteria, mind if I eat some breakfast?"

"Of course not. Where are you right now?" He mumbles some words. "Don't know.. Somewhere in Paris. I wish you were here with me, Paris is beautiful. If tour's over and you have some days off college we're going on a nice trip to Paris."

I smile. "Sounds lovely, Luke. I'm looking forward to it." I close my eyes for a second and imagine Luke walking around Paris. I mean, Paris... Together with Luke... That sounds like a whole dream.

"I'm hanging up now, okay Jimi? You go to sleep. You have work tomorrow, right? Have a good night rest. I'll be fine, thank you for the call. You always know how to make me feel better."

I open my eyes again and look at the photo on my nightstand. A photo of me and Luke together. "You know you can always find me when you need me."

"Of course. Good night, baby. I love you so much. Goodluck at work tomorrow." I smile and lay down in my bed again, smelling Luke's scent that's still on the shirt next to me around the other pillow.

"Thank you, handsome. Have a nice breakfast. Have fun today at work as well." He chuckles. "I will. Thank you. Sweet dreams baby."

"Sweet dreams Luke... I love you."

And then he hungs up, me drifting into a deep sleep, dreaming about me and Luke in Paris.