XXI

The concert was amazing. The guys really killed it. Luke was so happy when being on stage. He smiled so much and the way he spoke to the crowd really made my heart skip a beat. The stage is where his heart is and you can clearly see that.

That makes me happy.

Luke makes me happy.

We're currently driving to their hotel. We're driving in a black van with blinded windows so no one can see us. Although people already know I'm in the band's life. Or, Luke's; they don't know that part. They've seen photos and it's all over the internet.

"The van will drop me off at home, right?" I ask Luke when I look through the window. We're almost at the hotel, I can see that. I recognize some of the buildings.

Ashton nods. "Oh yes, they sure will." He smiles. "If you want to of course." Luke looks at me with a warm smile. "Yeah what he's referring to is the fact I wanted to ask you if you'd stay? I mean, at my hotel room."

A huge smile creeps on Michael's face. He turns his face away from us to look out of the window. "Oh look we're here!" he says. The van stops and the door's opened so we can all climb out of the van.

I look at Luke and bite my lip softly. "You sure?" He nods and takes my hand. "Yeah, I'd like that. I don't want this day to end. I want to spend as much time with you as possible since I'm leaving soon."

I nod softly. "Alright," is all I say before I climb out of the van with Luke's hand still in mine. We walk into the hotel, hands still holding onto each other. The feeling through my body is indescribable.

The way Luke makes me feel is weird. But weird in a good way. Like, I love it. It's great and it's there. Luke makes me feel so many good things and it's scaring me. It scares me that I'm falling for one of my best friends.

But it's also scaring me that he might like me back. I don't know if I'm ready to face that.

"Come on," Luke whispers softly when he tugs me along to his hotelroom. We both say goodbye to Ashton, Calum and Michael before we get into his room. He closes the door and let go of my hand.

He makes the room a little more light by putting on the bedside lamp and smiles at me. "What did you think of the show? I want your honest opinion."

He takes off his coat and hoodie and places them on his suitcase. I didn't even bring any of my stuff with me how am I supposed to stay here? Why am I even thinking about that right now?

Luke runs a hand through his hair and roams through his clothes to find some clean clothes. He places them down on his bed. "Jimi, talk."

He chuckles and looks at me. I snap out of my gaze and feel my cheeks turn red. "I'm sorry I uh- Well, you know.. You know it was great. You know I think you killed it, you all did. It was great Luke, and really, really good. Your music is amazing and the lyrics are perfect," I say with a smile, like I haven't said it before.

I didn't, or well I did, but not in person.

"I can really feel it when you're singing your songs. I feel the words, the emotion that comes with them. You, the stage, the crowd.. You're all one. I loved to see that. I loved to see you perform. That's where you belong, that's your home. Your purpose in life, making people happy with your amazing voice."

The smile on Luke's lips was so wide when I finished my story. He walks towards me and cups my cheeks. "Jimi, you make me so happy."

He looks me into the eyes and my heart does things I didn't know were possible. He rubs his thumb softly over my cheeks while breathing a little faster than normal.

"That's one of the many reasons why I'm so, so happy you're in my life. You understand me, you're happy for me and you're supportive. I can't say it enough but I'm so happy I called you that day."

He sighs happily. He closes his eyes for a short moment, but then steps away. Luke let go of my cheek and turns around. My heart is pounding in my chest like I'm running a marathon.

"I'm gonna take a shower," he says in a whisper. He takes his clothes with him and walks towards the bathroom with a huge smile on his face, totally still in the moment.

And if I'm being honest, I am too. That guy really does make me so freaking happy.