XLV

Do you know what the most important words in your life are? I know mine, it were the two words that I've been waiting to say for like four months. They're just regular words, just the one you can say on a daily basis but this time they were special. Very, very special.

'I do'.

Those were the words Luke and I said to each other when we married a month ago. And now that we're married, those words don't mean anything anymore when we say them. But they're still the most important words in my life. Those words meant that I was no longer Jimi, no, I became Jimi Hemmings and carry my husband's last name. I still can't believe it.

The day was amazing. It was almost as perfect as you could imagine. Sure, Luke did spill some chocolate on my dress but who cares? I spend it with the people I love the most and had loads of fun with everyone around me and celebrating my marriage.

When we left the party, Luke took me to this nice cottage close to the place we were married. It was a night we'll never forget, many things happened and we made sure to love each other the most on that day. And since that day, the love has been there more than ever before.

I also graduated college a few weeks back, finally being done with school. Luke and his band are working on finishing their fifth album right now. I can't be more proud of Luke, he's happy... More than that, incredibly happy.

To think that Luke called me that night, being the modt sad he has ever been that he needed to call a stranger. And now we're here, married and living together in Los Angeles.

I left San Fransisco when I graduated college and when Luke and I got married. We bought our own house in Hollywood, having the best view. Calum, Ashton and Michael live close to us. We see each other all the time. Ashton's dating someone as well right now, a girl named Kaykay. Can't be more than happy for Michael and Ashton to finding love as well.

Sadly Calum and his girlfriend broke up after dating for over a year, but things just didn't work out for them anymore and now he's single again. I'm sure he'll find someone, 'cause who doesn't want to date Calum Hood?

Three weeks ago I finally got a job after graduating. Luke and I took a bit of our time to work on the house and get it as we wanted. After that was done, I applied for some jobs and got some job interviews. Since three weeks ago I've been working at a company that I like a lot.

There are so many things that have happened in my life. Me and Luke are public, that for sure. Everyone knows we're married and that we have a house together. We also adopted a dog. Luke already had Petunia, but we adopted another one and her name is Luna.

Amanda and I —she's my old roommate— are still friends. She lives in Los Angeles as wel, being a well known doctor right now. I don't know how she did that, but when she was on her internetship last year she did some great new things and invented some stuff. She's a really, really good doctor. Can't be more proud of her.

"Are you alright?" Luke asks me after a while, placing his hand down on my leg. I didn't know I was moving my leg so much, but now that he placed his hand there I noticed I was shaking.

I look at Luke and smile softly, "it's fine. Thank you." I place a soft kiss onto his lips and grab his hand to hold it. "Just thinking about life."

He smiles at me and squeezes my hand, nodding softly. "About what?" I can feel him smiling. "Us, of course." He chuckles. "Good."

"Good news!" I look up and get up from the stool, letting go of Luke's hand. "What's the good news?" I ask, really wanting to know what it is.

"You're not sick, but pregnant!"

My eyes widen and I can't find the words to express how I'm feeling. Am I happy, am I sad? I mean, how did this happen. Obviously we didn't use protection but, when? Me and Luke have been very careful every time.

Luke pushes me against the door of the cottage, kissing down my neck towards my dress. "I love the way it looks of you, but I'd rather take it off."

Very smooth Hemmings.

He unzips the dress slowly but I stop him. "Let's get inside first." He nods at my words and opens the door quickly, both getting inside when the door's unlocked. Luke shuts the door and pushes me towards the livingroom, ready to get some.

We get into a heated make-out session, clothes being ripped off and thrown at the floor. Those clothes cost a lot of money, but who cares, we're married already and don't need them anymore.

"Fucking hell Luke," I whisper into his ear as he roams his hands over my body, making me feel hot inside. I can't think about anything else but Luke. I only want Luke, nothing else. I just want to feel him and love him.

I groan and close my eyes. "Just do something." Luke chuckles and finally undresses me fully, "thought you'd never say it, babe."

I shake my head thinking back at that night. How could we let that happen? We were so into that moment that we forgot to use protection.

"That's... That's wonderful," Luke mumbles, standing up as well. He looks at me with a big smile. "Jimi do you know what that means?" Yeah it means that we're having a baby, Luke.

I nod soflty and swallow the lump in my throat. I'm happy, sure, but I also feel some kind of other feeling. Is it sadness? No, I'm not sad. I feel joy, but something inside me tells me this isn't right, that I'm not ready and that I should run away.

Luke looks at me concerned and then wraps his arms around me, hugging me. "Are you alright? Babe, are you happy? If not you can say it as well," he whispers into my ear.

I don't know how to feel and I don't know what to say. "Sure, I'm happy." I push Luke away from me and form a smile. "I just... I just didn't expect this," I say. Luke nods and grabs my hand. "Neither of us did. But this is amazing, babe... I feel so much joy running through my body."

The doctor has left the room to give us some privacy. I look around the room and think about all the things that could've been wrong with me. But none of those were true, no, I'm pregnant. It is something way better.

"Aren't you scared?"

Ah, yeah, that's the thing I'm feeling. I feel scared. I don't know how to be a mom, how am I able to be one when I don't know how to?

Luke shakes his head. "No, not really. Are you?" I nod and bite my lip, looking into Luke's eyes. What is he thinking? He probably thinks I'm stupid for being scared.

"You don't have to be," he says softly, smiling at me. "You're going to be an amazing mom. We're going to be fine, Jimi, really. I can't wait to be a parent and have our child walk around this world. I get that you're scared, of course... But I know we can do this."

I smile at his words, "but that doesn't mean that I don't listen to you and your feelings. If you're not ready, that's fine too. We can discuss—"

I cut Luke off, pulling him towards me and kissing him softly. "No, silly. We don't have to discuss anything." He chuckles and holds me close to him, caressing my cheek softly. "Alright."

"Luke... We're going to be parents."

— — THE END — —