six days until Bonfire night

A/n- OKay so I acc wrote all of this book like half a year ago but for some reason only decided to publish it until now...BASICALLY, you don't have to worry abt me not writing updates bcoz i've already written it all

"for the last time, you moron, " jimin whined, attempting to delve further into the sanctuary that was his duvet, battling the constant attacks of his best friend's grappling hands. "i'm sick!" he grunted indignantly, feigning a feeble cough, an attempt to fool the unimpressed blonde- stationed at the end of his bed.

it didn't work.

taehyung had been his best friend since the pair's innocent diaper days, he had endured all the nursery visits and unfortunate naked picnics (which jimin despises to be brought up, regarding the activity an , forgotten chapter from their childhood).

the giddy child, a term jimin still uses to describe taehyung now, had helped derive all their best 'fake-sick-acts' so there was a definitively slim chance of Jimin's exaggerated moans and obstinate clutches of his blanket fooling the younger.

"to start with, " The exasperated blonde nagged, cracking a large box smile, "you know I prefer the term 'challenged' to 'moron.' and second of all..." Taehyung trailed off midway through his sentence as he realigned his focus to awkwardly leaning sideways and sliding his shoe off his foot, then lifting it high to be above his head.

"YOU'RE. NOT. SICK."

each strained syllable was delivered alongside a purposeful slap with taehyung's trainer, aimed towards his hyung's rear end. "You little moron!" The 'sick patient' screeched. he leaps up, and out of bed, in order to push his best friend toward the wooden floor, thankfully jimin's old 'wheely chair' was there to catch taehyung and he hit the fabric bound plastic, eliciting a mere pop, the frame adjusting to his weight.

"aha!" the grinning blonde shouted, equally as loud as his moody companion and seemingly unphased by his downwards topple. he spun on the chair round and round, over and over. singing the words "you're not sick, you're not sick" on a loop to an annoying, mocking tune, only stopping his spinning fest, to abruptly announce that he 'might be sick.'

jimin couldn't resist letting out a satisfied cackle, he watched his best friend keel over in the chair, clutching his stomach. "moron." he laughed, poking the top of taehyung's head prompting him to dart back to be upright in the chair, and with one, final spin, he eyed Jimin. "i'll make you a deal," he grinned ignoring the roll of his best friend's eyes, "you can call me a moron as much as you like if you come tonight."

jimin flopped backwards onto the bed, mulling over the concept of braving the party for his best friend's sake. he would most likely tbe ditched in order for  said best friend to flirt with his favourite senior; Yoongi...

"I have nothing to wear..." he sighed, aware that it was useless, Taehyung had his heart set on going and Jimin could never resist his puppy-dog-eyes. Before he knew it a head of tousled blonde hair was obstructing his view of the ceiling, and Taehyung was directly above him their noses a mere few inches apart. "Puh-leeeeease!" the younger begged, flopping down to land on Jimin's chest making him grunt uncomfortably whilst Taehyung made himself happy by nuzzling his face into his hyung's neck. Jimin winced at himself, knowing what was about to come out of his, before sighing dramatically and uttering a reluctant 'fine.'

-

As soon as Taehyung's reassuring grip was guiding Jimin towards a house filled with the bustle of sweat, alcohol and shrieks of laughter mixed with blaring music he really did feel sick. He was dolled up expertly by Taehyung and whilst crossing the threshold out of their shared dorm room Jimin had felt glamorous, attractive- sexy even. However, now Jimin felt like the smallest man possible, and that was no reference to his height or lack of for that matter. He was trying his best to take deep breaths and remind himself how badly Taehyung wanted to be here, but the only thing moving him forward was the urge to get closer to a toilet and throw up.

The pair reached the door to the house party far too quickly for Jimin's liking, thankfully he had whom he considered to be the best friend in the world by his side. Taehyung pulled him to be closer by the waist, whispering in Jimin's ear that it was 'going to be okay.'

And then he flung the door open.

-

"You are the worst best friend in the world!" Jimin hissed, tensing when he laid eyes on who was in the living room, the whole house was filled with people going through the general partying antics, however, Jimin's dark brown orbs had fixated on one person, lounged casually, yet oh so sexily, on one of the sofa's. Taehyung raised his hands in mock defence, a small smirk on his face which was immediately wiped off when Jimin pounded his arm with his fist. "Hey!" the blonde giggled, "Careful you might draw his attention" Jimin froze instantly at the younger's words, either not realising or not caring that it was a joke.

"Jimin?" Taehyung questioned, waving his hand in front of his best friend's face to attempt to break him out of his trance. He eventually sighed and dragged the frozen raven-haired boy out of the room. "It's fine!" he argued, "Jeon Jungkook and you are adorable anyway! Don't you remember your adoooorable little wedding," he continued, teasing the shorter relentlessly. "That was when we were eight Tae and it was part of playtime. We've barely spoken since the age of sixteen"

"Well, then you'll have a whole lot to catch up on!"

Jimin was sweating intensely at this point, Jeon Jungkook was in the same house as him. The Jeon Jungkook who Jimin had crushed on since they were six, the Jeon Jungkook who had made Jimin realise he was gay, and the Jeon Jungkook who barely knew Jimin existed anymore.

A/n- Fun fact; I was originally gonna have Jungkook be Taehyung's ex who Jimin was intensely crushing on...then I realised that was stupid and made them all childhood friends.