The evening after bonfire night

"It's almost been 24 hours since you acted like a complete dickwad!" Yoongi announced in sarcastic glee, throwing Jungkook a disapproving glance. "Will you shut up!" his friend screeched in response "I've already got to put up with Namjoon. I don't want to hate you too."

"Aww diddums!" the mint-haired boy mocked "did you treat your little pal like shit and end up having to deal with the consequences of your fucked up actions? Now you have to live in your actual dorm instead of Jimin's floor...fancy that."

Jungkook said nothing in return and massaged the bridge of his nose in distress. "You're not helping." he eventually muttered. "Helping what?" Yoongi scoffed in disgust "you acted like you wanted to be with Jimin all night, and then practically slapped him around the face." without another word Yoongi stormed off to his room, leaving Jungkook in their living room to mull, sulkily. The mint-haired boy considered leaving for the night with Taehyung so he didn't have to deal with his moody best friend but decided against it, based off of how distressed Taehyung had made Jimin out to be that morning. 

He sighed, desperately wanting to escape the foul vibe Jungkook was exuding all over the dorm, but not being able to leave. When Yoongi had returned from his date with Taehyung earlier he'd found that his best friend had destroyed almost everything left in the living room in a fit of anger. He settled to call Taehyung, instead of visiting him and leaving Jungkook unsupervised again.

Jungkook was flopped lazily across the sofa when he heard Yoongi shouting from his room, he would normally go and see what the issue was, but not this time. He stared intently into space, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

"Ow!" he screeched when he felt a hand slap him around the back of the head. "What the fuck, Yoongi?" He jumped to stand, rubbing the back of his neck where his best friend had hit him.

"Taehyung just told me that you knew Jimin liked you when you used him and lead him on for your own sadistic games," Yoongi announced defiantly. The brunette's mouth formed an astonished 'o' at the mint-haired's words, his silence and sudden lack of anger told Yoongi what he needed to know, he loosened his tensed limbs in defeat- utterly disappointed at his friend's behaviour.

Jungkook was not oblivious to his friend's disdain and diverted his gaze to the floor, in order to avoid eye contact. "Does he know?" the brunette whimpered, both of the boy's knowing who Jungkook was talking about. "Of course he knows. Tae said something about some texts..."

The ashamed younger nodded in recognition before Yoongi continued. "What are you playing at? I thought you liked Jimin? The moment you saw him at that party you got so nervous you downed about fifty drinks..."

Jungkook finally looked up at Yoongi, his worried orbs brimming with regret, anger and tears threatening to topple down his quivering cheeks.

"It's too late." whisped the distress boy, "too late for you two to be together? Yes. Too late to cure Jimin's anguish? Not yet."

After hearing his best friends conclusion Jungkook ran out the door at full speed, not stopping until he reached Jimin's door, his breaths were heavy and his heart was going crazy by the time he stopped. He'd been stared at by various passer-by's on the way there, all wondering where the hell he could be going as classes were over, but that was hardly the first thing on Jungkook's mind.

He rapped his knuckles against the wood of the door desperately, after a few seconds of him fidgeting uncomfortably the door opened. Jungkook caught a glance of Taehyung when the door opened, but as soon as their eyes met the blonde slammed it furiously, with a defeaning bang. Jungkook kicked the door angrily, shouting at the top of his voice and refusing to give in.

"I NEED TO SEE JIMIN" he howled, but was only met with Taehyung's booming voice "HE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE YOU!"

"I WANT TO HEAR IT FROM HIM I-"

"jungkook..." a small voice said,

it sounded weak and broken, but the sweet, kind undertone was enough to silence the brunette.

"please...just leave."

The last two syllables were cracked and feeble, but Jimin mustering the courage to even consider saying them showed just how much he meant it.