Chapter one

*Rebekah gets closer to Elena and looks into her eyes

Rebekah:"Are you still in love with Stefan?"

Elena:"yes"

Rebekah:"then why would did you sleep with Damon?"

Elena:"I slept with Damon because I love him, I love them both.."

Rebekah:"but..."

Elena:"..but I love Stefan more and I always will because it's always going to be Stefan."

* Rebekah backs away to make a path for Stefan

Elena's POV
As I'm saying all of this I realize that everything I feel for Damon isn't real, I don't truly love him but I do have a feeling of lust for him. I snap out of my thoughts as I look to my left and see that Stefan, my true love, has a small smile on his face and slight tears of joy slowly falling from his beautiful forest green eyes. I reach over and lightly put my hand over his before giving it a gentle squeeze and before I know it I'm off the ground and spinning in the air

Stefan POV
A couple moments after hearing what Elena said I quickly got up out of my chair and took her small figure into my embrace and lifted her off the ground. Shortly after placing her back onto her feet we exchanged a long passionate kiss, I slightly pulled away then put my forehead against hers and whispered five simple words.
—————————————————————
Stefan:"I love you so much."

Elena:"I love you more."

*Rebekah clears her throat, steps closer to them and turns to face Stefan

Rebekah:"I remember falling in love with you in the 20's and not once did you look at me the way you look at Elena every day. Better yet I have seen some of the world's greatest couples and I have never see a love as great as this one, I now see why my brother has grown a soft side for your love and knowing Nick that is more than extremely rare. I envy your love but the romantic in me also wishes you a lifetime of happiness."

*Nonchalantly speeds out of the room without another word

Noticing that Caroline was in the room Stefan and Elena look over to her with hopeful smiles

*Caroline gets up and brings them into a tight hug

Caroline:"I'm so happy for you guys but I have just one question, what are you going to tell Damon?"

*Elena looks over to Stefan and then back at Caroline

Elena:"I'm just going to have to tell him the truth."

Caroline:"Well I'm here to help."

*Chuckles to herself

Caroline:"But for now I'll let you guys have some privacy, I'll see you guys later."

Elena's POV
I wanted to talk to Stefan about what I had said earlier about being in love with both him and his brother and what I realized, but as soon as I started talking he told me that he already knew because he could see it in my eyes and reaction when I was thinking and I was glad he had known because that just proved even more that he's the man I love.

——The next day—————————————

Stefan's POV
After everything went down last night I dropped Elena off at her house and kissed her good night. I was dreading going home because I didn't want to bump into Damon because I knew he would ask me about Elena and what happened, so I got home as quickly as possible and to my luck there was no sign of my brother.

*Snaps out of his thoughts about last night

Still Stefan's POV
It was around 7:30 and I decided to call Elena to see how she was doing since she was really nervous about having to speak to Damon today.

Elena:"hello?"

Stefan:"hey, how'd you sleep last night."

Elena:"okay, I mean I wish I could've just stayed at your place but you know today and all."

Stefan:"me too but speaking of are you sure you're ready to talk to Damon today?"

Elena:"yeah, it's just not fair to string him along besides the sooner I tell him the more time I get to spend with you."

*Stefan chuckles to himself

Stefan:"what time are you meeting him?"

Elena:"in about and hour or two."

Stefan:"okay well I'll see you at your house then, I love you.

Elena:"I love you too."

*Both hang up

——An hour and a half later———————

Elena's POV
Of course I was nervous about seeing Damon but it's the right thing to do.

*She enters the grill and sees Damon and starts out in a shaky voice

Elena:"hi Damon"

Damon:"hey, I'm glad you called I was actually going to come by."

Elena:"oh, actually Damon I-um I..well maybe we should sit down"

*Both sit at the nearest booth

Damon:"Elena what's wrong"

Elena:"Damon you mean a lot to me and when you and I..well slept together I really thought I was in love but yesterday I figured things out and everything was finally, for the first time in a long time, clear and simple but I love Stefan and I now know that what you and I have is beyond a regular friendship I love you Damon but as a friend."

*Damon takes a couple seconds to take everything in

Damon:"I have to go."

*Stands up to leave

Elena:"Damon please the last thing I wanted to do was hurt you."

Damon:"well to late Elena because it's always been Stefan for some time now you have known the way I feel about you but Stefan was always the better man for you, I'll see you later Elena."
---------------------
×××(promise the story gets better as you read along*I think* lol)
Hey guys I hope you guys like the story so far, I hope that this will get at least 30 reads(haha)if you guys enjoy this please share it I really love writing and I love it even more when it makes you guys happy so I will try to update every weekend and remember to leave comments/suggestions for any characters or events you guys want to take place
Much love,
cami💛💛💛