chapter sixteen

Two weeks later
Elena's POV
I wake up and feel Stefan's breath slightly through my silk nightgown, his arm laid across me and hand tucked under my lower back. I smiled and ran right hand through his hair, causing him to shift with a smile. I slowly reached over to the night stand and looked at my phone to check the time. It was three am and I couldn't sleep however I was craving some ice cream. I slowly undid myself from Stefan's embrace and went downstairs to the kitchen. When I opened the fridge I couldn't help but smile, I made Stefan go out and get backup ice cream in case I had anymore midnight cravings. When I first began to have cravings Stefan woke up instantly and would head into town to get me whatever I wanted but I started to feel bad and made him buy backups so he could actually get some sleep. I sat on the island of the kitchen and happily ate my cookie dough ice cream while thinking about our future. A couple minutes later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs followed by a very concerned but loving voice.

Stefan:"Lena?"

Elena:"In the kitchen."

He came in and let out a sigh of relief. I could tell he was glad to know I was okay.

Stefan:"So we're going for cookie dough this time huh?"

He came around the island and resend his hands on either side of me. I giggled and flirtatiously fed him a bit of ice cream.

Elena:"Yup."

Stefan leaned forward and gazed at me like I was his whole world and as he liked to remind I was. I smiled but then quickly looked down with my smile slowly fading.

Stefan:"How you feeling?"

Elena:"I'm a little scared."

Stefan:"Hey, I'm scared too but we have to believe that our little miracle is going to be just fine."

He lifted my chin and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

Stefan:"Now come on let's get you to bed."

I smiled, grabbed his hand and followed him upstairs back to bed.

-A few hours later-
Stefan's POV
Elena and I walked hand in hand towards Jo's office. I was feeling a bit nervous and I could smell blood coming from the E.R. I looked over at Elena and saw she was taking in deep breaths and trying not let it get the best of her. I kissed the top of her hand as we took a turn and entered Jo's office. She led us to an exam room and got set up for the ultrasound.

Jo:"Okay, Lena I'm going to have you lift up your shirt just a bit, this going to feel a little cold."

She put some gel on Elena's stomach and began to move the wand across it.

Jo:"Since your about six weeks pregnant we should be able to see the baby's heart beat. When you see it on the screen it's going to look like a small flutter but you won't be able to hear it until you about ten weeks, at the earliest."

I was sitting on a stool next to Elena holding her hand in mine looking intently at the screen waiting for something to pop up. Jo lifts up her left hand and points to the screen with a smile.

Jo:"This right here is your baby and that is the heart beat."

Elena and I both smiled and looked at each other. I could see her eyes begin to form tears of joy I kissed her forehead and looked back at Jo. Her emotions changed very quickly. At first she looked slightly confused then she seemed surprised and finally she had an even bigger smile than before.

Elena:"Jo? What is it?"

Jo:"Well it seems that.... there's a second heart beat."

Elena and Stefan:"What!"

Stefan:"Twins?!"

Jo gives us a small laugh and turns the monitor slightly more towards us. She dresses the screen and points to it showing us exactly what we are looking for.

Jo:"Right here to the right is baby A and over here is baby B."

Elena and I look at each other and I kiss the top of her hand ever so gently. Jo goes to print off our pictures while Elena and I get ready to go.

Elena:"I can't believe it, we should have a get together at the house and tell everyone the good news."

She turns to me and runs a hand through her hair while she smiles bigger than ever.

Stefan:"Absolutely."

I cup the sides of her face and give her a small kiss enjoying this moments and capturing it in all its glory. Seconds later Jo and knocked on the door.

Jo:"Hey so, here are your pictures. I'm so happy for you guys."

She brought us into a big hug.

Stefan:"Thanks."

Elena:"Are you and Rick busy tonight?"

Jo:"No we were just going to get some take out and watch a movie tonight but I'm assuming you're going to tell everyone the news. Don't worry we'll be there."

Elena:"Okay great."

We laughed and each gave her one more hug before heading out.

-At home-

When we got home Elena headed upstairs to take a nap. She has been getting a lot more tired lately, just another one of her adorable pregnancy symptoms.

-A couple hours later-
I was getting dinner ready and heard a knock at the door. I was confused since it was still a little early for everyone to come around but I figured they may have wanted to come early to check up on Elena. When I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes, before me stood the one person I never thought I would see again.

Stefan:"Damon."

Damon:"Hello brother."

He tried to get passed me and into the house but I stood in his way not allowing him to get through. Elena, my pregnant wife, was sleeping upstairs and I couldn't let Damon in knowing his history with bringing along danger.

Stefan:"I don't think so."

Damon:"Oh you don't want to wake Elena, well that's gonna be a problem because I need to talk to the both of you."

Stefan:"What do you want Damon."

Before either of us could get another word out we heard Elena come downstairs. She rubbed her eyes and in a sleepy voice called out my name.

Elena:"Stefan? What's.....Damon?!"

Damon:"Elena."

Elena came to my side and wrapped her arms around my bicep.

Elena:"What's going on?"

×××
Damon!! Lol jk, I hope you guys like this chapter. I realized it's hard to find some stelena au's if you guys have any that you have really enjoyed reading (in the past or now) I would really appreciate if I could get some suggestions and go check out my stelena reading list there are somreadinge books I have really loved reading. Stick around for a couple things coming up in the book lol.
Much love,
Cami💛💛