chapter eighteen

—Later that night—
Elena's POV
    I had just finished brushing my teeth and went around to my side of the bed. Let myself fall into the bed right next to Stefan. I rolled over and looked up at Stefan he was sat up and resting, against the head board looking back down at me with pure love I'm his eyes. I smiled gave him a kiss before I turned over to turn off my light. I reached over and turned off my light and realized Stefan had done the same, before I could reach back over to him I feel my hand hit a hard pointed surface and see that I had knocked over our graduation picture. The glass of the frame shattered all over the floor. Stefan immediately turned his light back on and came over to my side to see if I was okay.

Stefan:"Elena?! Are you okay?"

Elena:"Hey, it's okay I'm fine. Don't worry it was just the frame from the nightstand."

I giggled his voice was laced with concern and worry, I loved the fact that he was so protective and cautious with me and anyone really. I was on the floor picking up the glass when he bent down to help me.

Stefan:"Come on I'll pick this up, you hop back in bed."

Elena:"It's okay really...ow!"

I hissed in slight pain I looked at my left hand and realised I had cut my palm with a shard of glass. Stefan looked at me worried but it quickly faded because he and I both knew it would heal in only a matter of seconds. We finished cleaning the up the glass and I went to go wash my hands but as soon as the stream of water hit my hands I winced in pain. My cut hadn't healed, but why?.

Stefan:"Lena what's wrong?"

I walked back into the room with my hand over a small wash cloth. I looked at him worried because this wasn't normal, I mean yes I'm a pregnant vampire and that's not normal but healing quickly is part of being a vampire.

Elena:"Stefan..my cut it hasn't healed."

Stefan:"What? Here let me see."

I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed near his torso. He took my hand and he could see that my cut was still open, the strange part was that I could see the veins in his eyes start to form and his eyes go dark. It was strange this never happened before unless we were blood sharing and we let it take over but what I saw in Stefan only happened when he was feeding on small amounts of human blood or hunting for animal blood. I could tell Stefan felt his fangs begin to emerge, I could hear his heart   start to race.

Stefan:"I'm calling Bonnie, here let me wrap your hand."

I knew my husband, he was trying to stay calm because that's the only way I would stay calm. He dialed Bonnie's number and put it on speaker so that he could wrap my hand up. Almost immediately Bonnie answered the phone.

Stefan's POV
Bonnie:"Stefan? What's up it's like 9:30."

Stefan:"Hey Bonnie I'm sorry I know it's late but I wouldn't be calling this late if it weren't important, are you at your house?"

Bonnie:"No I'm at Jeremy's what's going on?"

Stefan:"Do you have your grimoire with you?"

Bonnie:"Yes, Stefan what is going on??"

I could tell by the sound of her voice she was growing more worried by the second.

Stefan:"Can you come over it's Elena, I'm worried it's been a couple minutes and she cut hadn't heard up. I'll explain when you get here."

Before I could say anything else Elena cut in.

Elena:"Bonnie, please try not to worry Jeremy you know how he gets."