chapter twenty six

April 6th (two months later)
Stefan's POV
Elena and I were sitting up in bed with the twins making them laugh. They only began to really laugh about two weeks ago, and since then we've been getting them to laugh nonstop.

-Flashback-
Stefan:"Hey there little man."

I picked up Zach and sat down on the bed next to Elena who was holding Lexi. I take one look at my girls and my heart warms up, and as soon as I look down at Zach my heart goes from warm to melting. My family was happy and that's all I could ever ask for.

Elena:"Please just one little laugh."

I chuckle as Elena tickles our little girl. I try the same with Zach adding in a couple silly faces here and there. After about 20 minutes, I heard the most amazing sound come from my daughter.

Elena:"Oh my God! Oh my God! Yes, that's my girl."

Elena's eyes met mine. Her face was full of joy.

Elena:"She finally did it."

I laughed and leaned in to kiss her. A few seconds later we both turned our attention to Zach to try and get him to laugh. Elena grabbed the small brown bear that lay between us and waved it in front of Zach until we heard a small laugh come for our son. Elena and I laughed and looked deep into each other's eyes. We closed the space between us in a loving kiss.
-End of Flashback-

I smiled and was brought out of my thoughts as I felt Elena rest her head against my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head and look down at our two wonderful babies. Lexi with her tiny fist in her mouth was laughing her heart out as Elena made silly faces, and Zach laughing along with her by having me tickle him. I loved hearing their precious laughs, but today I was taking Elena out for our anniversary. I couldn't believe it I had been married to the world's most perfect women for a year now, and within that year she made me a father. Something I never thought would be possible.

-A couple hours later-
Elena's POV
Today has been so perfect. Stefan and I have been spending the whole day with the twins, and Stefan has done endlessly sweet things for me throughout the day. It was about five o'clock, and that meant Stefan's was going to start making dinner soon. I was about to head into the kitchen to find Stefan when there was a knock at the door. I went to open it and found my best friend's with huge smiles on their faces. Before I could say anything I was brought into a big group hug.

Elena:"Oh my God what are you guys doing here?"

I asked them in a shocked but happy tone. I hadn't see them very much lately. With them being at Whitmore and all their classes, and Stefan and I with the twins timing hasn't been very convenient.

Rebekah:"We're here to babysit."

Elena:"What?"

As if on cue Stefan came into the room holding the baby monitor and a bag.

Stefan:"Yes, babysit because you and I are going out."

Stefan took a couple steps closer to me. He placed the bag on the floor and took my hands in his.

Stefan:"It's our anniversary, and you and I are going to go celebrate it."

Elena:"You are very sneaky."

Stefan:"I know."

I giggle and give him a small kiss before remembering that our friends were standing at the door. I look over to see them in awe, admiring the love Stefan and I had. The baby monitor went off a small whimper coming from it followed by a second cry. Stefan let go of my hands and I reached for Bonnie to help me with the twins.

Stefan's POV
I watched Elena make her way up the stairs contently on her way to the twins. I turned to Rebekah and Caroline and lead them to the couch.

Stefan:"Thank you again for doing this you guys."

Caroline:"God don't mention it. We love the twins. Besides you and Elena could use the time alone."

Rebekah:"She's not wrong. It's amazing how much you love your kids, but four months without time to yourselves must be a little exhausting."

We all laughed and continued on with our conversation while we waited for Elena and bonnie to come downstairs.

Elena's POV
I picked up Zach and Bonnie held Lexi.

Bonnie:"So you have no idea where your going?"

She asked me with a small chuckle.

Elena:"None."

Bonnie:"Well whatever it is I bet it'll be amazing."

Elena:"That I don't doubt. I'm just not sure I'm ready to leave the twins."

Bonnie:"Hey, it's only for a couple hours. Besides you have Rebekah, Caroline, and me."

Elena:"You're right there is no one I trust more than you guys."

We smile and laugh. I carefully bring her into a small hug, and we head back downstairs. When we get downstairs we see everyone laughing and having a nice time. I hand Zach over to Caroline and turn to Stefan.

Elena:"I'm going to go get dressed. I'll be down in 10 minutes."

I turn to head back upstairs, but Stefan grabs my hand and spins me to face him again. I laugh in surprise at the motion.

Stefan:"That won't be necessary."

I gave him a slightly confused look, but he knew what I was thinking.

Stefan:"You'll see what I mean when we get there."

I giggle and turn to face the girls, who are making baby sounds and talking in small voices to the twins.

Elena:"They'll probably be up for about two more hours and then get tired again. Milk's in the fridge, and pretty much everything else you need is in the nursery."

Bonnie:"Got it, got it, and got it."

Rebekah:"Don't worry we've got this."

Caroline:"She's right now go have a good time."

Stefan:"Thanks."

Stefan put his hand on my lower back, picked the bag up from the floor and walked us out the door. I was slightly in front of Stefan and kept walking in the direction of the car, but when I looked over at Stefan I saw him walking into the direction of the woods.

Elena:"What are you doing?"

I said followed by a laugh.

Stefan:"Leading you to our anniversary date."

He extended his free hand out, and I gladly took it. After a couple steps, he walked in front of me and bent forwards slightly.

Stefan:"Hop on."

Elena:"Seriously?"

He looked back, flashed me one of his beautiful smiles and cocked his head to the side. I giggled at the motion and did as I was told. Before I knew it he sped off.

×××
Cliff hanger (lol) their date will be in the next chapter. Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading.
Love,
Cami💛💛