chapter twenty five

Two months later
Stefan's POV
Elena was feeding Lexi while I burped Zach. These past two months have been amazing watching Zach and Lexi grow little by little everyday. They had recently begun making small babbling noises and tiny suckling sounds when they were really happy, but besides that we have noticed how they have grown to calm down whenever we wrap them in whatever Elena or I are wearing. Unlike Zach, Lexi has developed an ear piercing cry that will only stop once I'm holding her.

-Flashback-
2 a.m.
Elena:"Come on Lex, please go to sleep."

Stefan:"Hey she's still not tired?"

Elena:"No I just don't know how to get her to sleep. I've fed her, changed her, burped her, rocked her. Nothing's working, and I'm afraid she going to wake up Zach."

I step closer to her and carefully take Lexi out of her arms. I look down at Lexi and slowly bounce her in my arms.

Stefan:"Sh..sh..sh.."

She looks up at me and her cries slowly come to a stop. Her eye lids become heavy, and she slowly closes her eyes. I'm brought out of my thoughts from a low chuckle in Elena's direction. She comes to my side and rests her head on my shoulder. She brings her hand up and with her pointer finger slowly and carefully traces small lines on Lexi's cheek.

Elena:"I don't know how you do it. She is such a daddy's girl."

Stefan:"You think?"

I look over to see her beautiful smile.

Elena:"I know."

She inches upward and gives me the most perfect kiss.

Stefan:"Why don't you head to bed. I'll make sure she stays asleep, and I'll meet you up there."

Elena:"God I love you."

She gives a sigh of relief and gives me one last kiss before she heads down the hall. I chuckle and sit in the rocking chair with Lexi until I'm sure she won't wake up. She began to stir once more in my arms, but no cries followed just slight whimpers. I slightly bounced her again in my arms.

Stefan:"Hey it's okay baby girl I'm right here, Daddy's right here. I'm not going anywhere."

With my whispers, she calmed down. After about 15 minutes I gently kissed her forehead and set her back in the crib. I walked to the other end of the room to kiss Zach goodnight. When I was over his crib I found him with one arm above his head and the other in his mouth. I smiled and kissed the top of his head before going back to bed.

-End of flashback-

I smiled at the memory and kept gently patting Zach's back until I heard a small burp. He soon fell asleep and I set him down in his bassinet while Elena and Lexi finished up. I held Lexi and burped her while Elena fixed the button up shirt she was wearing. Once Lexi was burped and asleep, Elena and I sat down to relax. Elena put her legs over my lap and lay back against the arm of the couch. I ran my hand gently over her thighs in attempt to make all her stress go away, but the moment was short lived as she quickly sat up and began to worry.

Elena:"What do you think is going to happen?"

Stefan:"With what?"

I tucked a stray strand of her hair behind her hair.

Elena:"With the twins. I mean Jo said she would talk to us tomorrow, but I'm scared. I mean of course we are going to love them regardless, but I don't want them to have to go through the blood lust. I want them to live a normal life."

She began to cry slightly. I pulled her closer to me, so that her head was against my chest.

Stefan:"I know. I know, hey shh...it's okay. Everything's going to be fine okay. They're two months old and haven't shown signs of vampirism, but if it turns out they are vampires we will be here. They have us. They have you, the strongest mom in the world, who may I remind you helped me with my blood lust and still does everyday."

She sniffled a small laugh.

Elena:"I love you."

Stefan:"I love you too."

Elena placed her hand on my chest and her head against my chest. I stroked her hair and placed small kisses on her head ever so often. Once she fell asleep I laid her against the couch and covered her up with a blanket. I stepped away slowly and into the kitchen. Far enough so that I could make a phone call, but close enough so that I could still hear the twins if they began to cry. I pulled out my phone and called Rebekah.

Rebekah:"Hello?"

Stefan:"Hey, Rebekah. I need you to do me a favor."

Rebekah:"Sure, what is it?"

Stefan:"Well are you free on the 6th of april?"

Rebekah:"Yes."

I could hear her laugh.

Stefan:"Well the 6th of april is mine and Elena's anniversary, and I kind of need someone to watch the twins."

Rebekah:"Of course, I'll let Bonnie and Caroline know they'll want to come over and that way the guys can go out."

I laughed at her comment.

Stefan:"Thanks."

I hung up the phone and walked back into the living room. I laugh at Elena's small mumbles. She and I haven't gotten much sleep since the babies were born. I mean being vampires doesn't require as much sleep as an average human but having twins was a lot of work. I carefully picked up Elena's legs up and sat down placing them back down on my lap. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Ideas and thoughts raced through my mind. I thought about things like; what I would do for Elena on our anniversary, what I would get her, where we would go. I still had a lot to plan but I knew one thing for sure. It had to be perfect. Just as perfect as her.

×××
My heart's melting lol. I wrote a new book I know juggling two might be a bit but I don't think there are enough stelena stories, so I wrote one. Haha. Hope you guys will check it out.
Love,
Cami💛💛