chapter twenty

—A couple weeks later—
Stefan's POV
    It was about 7:00 in the morning and I was being woken up by small little mumbling noises coming from Elena, she stirred in my arms and would ever so often mumble something in her sleep. I smiled and gave her a gentle kiss being sure not to wake her, before I knew it I began falling asleep again whilst wrapping my arms once again around Elena. As I wrapped my arms around my gorgeous wife I felt her baby bump. She was 12 weeks pregnant now and  had a small but clear and adorable baby bump. I placed a small kiss on the back of her neck and fell back asleep.

—A couple hours later—
Elena's POV
    Stefan and I were on our way to meet everyone at the house. A while ago, before graduation, Jo had moved in with Alaric and Jermey. Jeremy and I see them as parents, of course no one would be able to replace our parents but Jo and Rick were here and they looked out for us, they loved us. Today Caroline wanted us to go baby shopping and we happily agreed.

—At the house—

Caroline:"I say we start with clothes, they're definitely the most fun to buy but we don't know what colors to get."

She looked over at Stefan and I and laughed. We all laughed along with her and Stefan broke the news that we wanted to wait to know until they were born.

Elena:"But we'll get both just in case and some more neutral white colors."

When we got to the store we all immediately went after the onesies. It took a little convincing for Stefan to start looking around but it was more of a struggle with the Tyler, Matt, and Jeremy. Alaric had no choice, Jo gave him her 'im serious look' and followed it by a kiss he just couldn't resist. Everyone was looking at the baby clothes and the little booties. I found myself wandering off into a section full of baby bottles and pumps. I reached up and grabbed one of the pumps, I studied it. I mean I knew what it was for but I didn't know how to do all this mom stuff, technically I was still just a teenager. I slightly laughed and was brought out my thoughts when I felt a hand on my lower back. I didn't have to turn around to know it was Stefan because I could hear his slight chuckle behind me as soon as he saw my face.

Stefan:"You look confused."

Elena:"Well I mean..."

I said gesturing to the pump in my hands. Stefan gave a low laugh and leaned in closer towards my ear.

Stefan:"We'll figure it out, you are going to be an amazing mom never forget that. If anything I'm worried about how I'm going to keep up with you."

Elena:"Sure."

I gave I'm a smirk and a side look followed by a giggle and a small kiss before being interrupted by our friends who had their hands full with baby; clothes, booties, bottles, socks and even two swaddle wraps. Stefan looked down at me with side eyes and I simple laughed.

Elena:"That's a lot of baby stuff you guys."

Rebekah laughed.

Rebekah:"We figured this could all be bought and then we could get the cribs and swings and everything else later on assuming you guys would want the right colors."

Bonnie:"Exactly."

Stefan:"Thanks you guys for everything."

We bought everything and then went home. Stefan was still working on the nursery, of course wanting everything to be perfect, so we all sat in the living room going over everything we had bought from bottles to onesies. We spent all day going through things and talking about how soon everyone would be going off to school. Stefan and I had just gotten out out of the shower and were brushing our teeth. Stefan finished before I did and went to put on some sweats. While he did that I washed my face and just stood there a while looking at myself in the mirror. I hadn't noticed Stefan came back into the bathroom until I felt his arms wrap around me and his warm breath against the crook of my neck. His hands traveled to the section of fabric that overlapped on my towel, he slowly put his left hand through the opening and laid it gently against my stomach.

Stefan:"How are you feeling?"

I smiled and looked at him through the mirror as he slowly stroked his thumb up and down my stomach.

Elena:"I'm scared but happy."

Stefan:"Your going to be an amazing mother and if you happen to mess up along the way I'll be here for you no matter what, never forget that."

He kissed my ear and I smiled. I turned around in his arms and her rested his hands on my waist

Elena:"I love you."

Stefan:"And I love you."

He placed a kiss on my lips and held my hand in his I followed him into the room and got dressed in my night shirt, also known as Stefan's soft, dark, and button up plaid shirt that I always wore to bed. I mostly wore it because it it was not only comfortable and smelt like him but it was the shirt that Stefan had wrong the first night we were together and I had put it on after, of course that was the night I found out about Katherine but besides that it was the night I told him that I loved him, the night that my life with Stefan had truly begun. I sat straight up in bed drinking the blood mix I had waiting for me on my nightstand. I laid down ready to roll over and lay my head on Stefan's chest like I always did but before I knew it Stefan was hovering over my stomach whispering to the babies.

Elena:"What are you doing?"

I said faintly laughing at how adorable he looked. He didn't answer straight away, he finished up what he was saying.

Stefan:"I love you both so much, goodnight."

He placed one last kiss on my stomach and directed his attention back to me. He looked up from where was and smiled.

Stefan:"I was telling my angels goodnight."

He laughed and brought himself up to give me a kiss.

Elena:"You are so perfect you know that."

Stefan:"I am nothing compared to you, in fact I am nothing without you."

I blushed and laid against his chest as he stroked my hair. Soon we fell asleep and I began to dream of what everything will be like when the babies are born.

×××
    I fell in love with this chapter lol. I would highly appreciate comments to see what you guys do and don't like and I would happily take any suggestions or anything like that let me know what you guys think. Thanks for all the support.
                                                           Love,
                                                              Cami💛💛