chapter seventeen

Damon's POV
    I came back, I had to. I had gotten voice mails from both Elena and Stefan about a wedding, their wedding. On one hand I needed to go for my little brother and on the other, well I definitely didn't want to see Elena after everything that had happened.

Elena:"What going on?"

Stefan turned and looked back over at me. I just couldn't stop looking at Elena, even after everything I still felt something when I looked at her, standing there in my brothers shirt and a pair of black shorts. It felt like trying to dry swallow a pill or a giant lump in my throat leading to the pit of my stomach. I quickly gathered myself and finally was able to get a word out.

Damon:"I'm here to give my personal congratulations."

I had a sarcastic tone in my voice and gave them one of my world famous smirks. They looked at me confused. I think that they thought I just ignored their emails.

Stefan:"What do you mean?"

Damon:"Must I connect the dots on this too. Congratulations you newlyweds and on the...um..baby."

Elena took her left hand off of  Stefan's arm and rested it against her stomach, very protectively.

Stefan:"Wait you...you were at the wedding."

Damon:"It was your wedding, little brother, of course I went. It's not something I would miss."

Stefan's POV
    I didn't want to admit it but he was my brother I so badly wanted him to be good so that I could trust him again, so that my kids would be able to grow up to get to know their uncle. I was brought out of my thoughts by Elena's shaky voice. It was small with a slight stutter.

Elena:"Actually, babies...they're twins."

Damon looked at us with complete and utter shock. Elena's left hand still rest on her stomach and her right one grazing my left arm. I lifted my right hand and placed on her left one, feeling her ring. I looked back up at Damon and saw that he looked upset and slightly angered.

Damon:"Well, I have to go."

Stefan:"Damon listen you don't have to go. This is your home too."

I felt Elena's grip tighten around me and could tell she was skeptical but he was my brother. I love my wife and trust her instincts, they always held me down and told me to be cautious.

Damon:"You'll see me around."

Before Elena or I could say another word he had sped off without a trace. Elena gave a small sigh and did what she does best, comfort me.

Elena:"Hey, you okay?"

I turned to face her and rested my forehead on hers as I ran my hand slowly up and down her back.

Stefan:"I'll be fine."

I kissed her and for a moment all my worries and problems were gone until I heard knocking on the door. Elena giggled and ran upstairs to change while I let everyone in. I was trying not to think about Damon him showing up shouldn't change tonight, we were happy and we were about to share our happiness with our friends and family.

—After dinner—
Elena's POV
After we had eaten dinner we headed off into the living room and made a lot of small talk. Stefan went into the kitchen to get tea some blood, for most of us. When he came back he sneakily hid our ultrasound pictures on the side table to my right. He sat down on my left, I looked at him slightly unsure and he came me a reassuring look followed by a comforting smile. Before I could say anything we heard Caroline jump in.

Caroline:"OH NY GOD!! Your not moving are you?!!"

Stefan Jo and I laughed, Alaric looked at Jo slightly confused.

Elena:"No, nothing like that."

I told her with a small giggle. She immediately turned red, Tyler chuckled and placed a kiss on the side of her head. She re-cuddled up against Tyler and I continued with our news.

Elena:"We actually have some news on the baby..."

I looked over at Stefan and we gave each other a smile before I looked back at everyone.

Elena:"...Or should I say babies."

I took the pictures from the table beside me and passed them to Jeremy and boonie who sat across from me and Stefan. Everyone gasped and big smiles were placed all over the room.

Rebekah:"Wait really?!"

Stefan smiled and nodded. He turned to me as placed a small kiss on my temple, he put his arm around me and we leaned back while everyone admired the pictures.

Alaric:"We're happy for you guys."

Stefan and Elena:"Thanks Rick."

For the rest of the night we spoke about all things baby and how we were going to handle two little miracles around here. Of course everyone offered to help but the one thing on my mind was college. I mean I've always wanted to go through the the experience of going to college parties and classes living in a dorm with Bonnie and Caroline but a part of me told me that what I had now was so much more that I could probably compel myself something later on down the road. With that thought in my head it led to the babies, what would happen? Would they be vampires, human, or something unknown. The thought alone was too much to handle but I put aside and enjoyed the night with my family. I had to believe that everything was going to be fine because through it all I know that I will have Stefan to hold my hand and comfort so that all my troubles go away.

×××
    Baby names!!!? I had the thought of letting you guys choose baby names I will pick them(if you guys choose to comment)in about 2 weeks. The names I have in mind are kind of long but meaningful but I also want to give you guys a chance to pick a name since I have found that some people really enjoy that I know I do lol.
                       Love,
                          Cami💛💛