chapter fourteen

Stefan's POV
We were just about to land and I can't believe that Elena actually slept through the whole flight. I can't wait until she sees what other surprises I have waiting for her. I look down at my sleeping wife and she starts to stir in my arms, slowly waking up.

Elena:"Hi."

Stefan:"Look who's awake, how'd you sleep."

Elena:"Pretty well."

She reaches up and gives me a small kiss on my cheek. After a couple minutes we land and get on a train to head to Venice.

-A while later-
After our train ride we get onto our boat and head off to Elena's next surprise. Since I have a certain history in italy I own quite a couple things here.

Elena:"So...where are we staying, a cozy bed and breakfast?"

She giggles and I just smile.

Stefan:"No actually, I have a place here . Well actually now it's our place, your going to love it."

Elena:"Wait really like an actual house?!"

I chuckle and stroke her cheek.

Stefan:"Yes an actual house. Speaking of..."

I get up and reach my hand out for her to take. I grab our bags and start to lead her down the narrow alleyways. She's already so amused at the beauty of everything.

Stefan:"And this is our stop."

I put down our bags and wrap my arms around her small figure.

Elena:"Oh my god Stefan it's beautiful, and you own this?"

Stefan:"We own this."

I place a small kiss on her temple as she takes in the site before her.

Elena's POV
The house was gorgeous. We walked inside and everything was laid out so beautifully, it honestly took my breath away. The living room was very spacious, the kitchen was gorgeous it had a marble counter top and matching island and the dining room looked amazing. Right when you walk in to the right were two rooms with a short hall in between them, one was a study with bookshelves full of books and smaller art pieces. It reminded me sort of the boarding house and all the colors reminded me of our room there. Across from it was an empty room with absolutely nothing inside. Overall the house had a very rustic, Venetian look and feel to it but it was still simple and modern at the same time.

Stefan:"What do you think?"

Elena:"It's beautiful, I just have to ask what's this room for?"

I walked in and just stood there waiting for a response. Stefan reached out, put is arms around me and gently put his hands against my stomach. He put his lips against my ear and in a whispered tone said...

Stefan:"A play room for the baby."

I could feel tears begin to form in my eyes. I turned in his arms and kissed him before slowly pulling away.

Elena:"Where's our room?"

He chuckled and led me upstairs. It was a simply gorgeous hallway lined with five bedrooms!! I gasped and he lead me to the master bedroom. As soon as I walked in I saw our massive bed that had long dark oak posts and a mixture of different colors; some white and soft sand colored pillows, a beautiful light taupe cover and some throw blankets neatly folded over the bed. I kept looking around the room only to see a huge window that had a seat spread along the side in the fashion of a bay window only bigger. Stefan showed me our closet and I couldn't believe how big it was, of course there was nothing in there besides a couple of Stefan's clothes but having a walk in closet almost knocked me to my feet. Lastly we reached our bathroom it had a cream color to it and two sinks. I turned to the right to see an amazing glass shower, which was to no surprise was pretty big. Lastly I looked straight ahead and saw the large and gorgeous clawfoot tub I turned around back at Stefan, my mouth in an 'O' shape at how amazing this house was. He chuckled and gave me a long kiss.

Stefan:"It's been a long day, why don't you take a nice bath and in the mean while I'm going to make us some dinner and then we can head to bed. Ok?"

Elena:"Ok."

He gives me a small kiss on my forehead and heads downstairs. I open one of our suitcases and reach for everything I needed. Once the tub had filled up I undressed and stepped in, I felt an immediate relief from hours of sitting down and traveling. After I wash my hair, wash my body and shave my legs I start to close my eyes and fall a bit further into my relaxed state, feeling the hot water against my skin just melt everything away. A bit later I feel Stefan's hands reach my shoulders and his thumbs begin to glide up and down the back of my neck.

Stefan:"How's it feel?"

Elena:"Fantastic, but you need to relax too."

Stefan:"Oh really."

I giggled as I felt him place small kisses on the back of my neck and on the tops and corners of my shoulders. He got up, got undressed and got into the tub with me. He rests his chin on my shoulder and strokes his hands up and down my arms.

-The next morning-
Stefan's POV
I wake up and feel Elena's hand resting on my chest. I make small circles in the middle of her back and with my other hand move the few loose strands of hair she has on her face behind her ear. I stare in awe at how the golden sun hits her beautiful olive skin and how she has an amazing glow that makes he look like even more of an angel than she already is.

Elena:"Look who's staring this time."

I laugh and give her a loving kiss as she opens her eyes.

Stefan:"I'm gazing."

I mimic her from the first time we had this conversation and she just looks up at me and gives me her perfect giggle, she moves her finger tips in slow short lines back and forth across my chest. She rests her head near mine and slightly on top of my shoulder.

Elena:"So what are we going to do today?"

Stefan:"Well we are going to go around and I'm going to show you the art, music, food... everything beautiful about this place. We'll walk to a nice restaurant eat some gnocchi then get some gelato and go to an amazing little cafe and eat some pastries later on. At the end of the night we are going to take a prefect and romantic gondola ride under the Rialto bridge."

Elena:"Ugh, how did I get so lucky to have such an amazing husband. I love you so much."

Stefan:"I love you too."

×××
I had so much fun writing this idk why lol but I hope you guys really like this chapter. I loved picturing the house and remembering Venice but I can't wait until you guys can see what I have planned for the next chapters. Thank you guys so much for reading and for the support. Love you all.
Love,
Cami💛💛