chapter thirteen

-The next morning-
Stefan's POV
I wake up and feel my beautiful wife's arms across my torso, I sit in bed and play last night over and over again in my head. I slowly get out of bed in hopes of not waking up Elena. She shifts and I hear her call out my name like she's dreaming, I smile and place a kiss on her forehead before going downstairs. When I came back I decided it was time to wake up Elena since our plane to Venice leaves soon and everyone will be here to take us to the airport. I slid back into bed and her arms instantly go back around me u chuckle and begin to lightly stroke her arm. I bring my head down a little and whisper in her ear.

Stefan:"Hey, good morning Mrs.Salvatore."

She giggles and looks up at me.

Elena:"Good morning, my handsome husband."

I give her a low chuckle and place a kiss on her lips.

Stefan:"We should probably get ready soon everyone's coming by to take us to the airport, remember."

Elena:"Yes, and speaking of when are you going to tell me where we are going?"

I laugh at her desperate need to know.

Stefan:"You'll know soon enough."

I give her a quick kiss and we get up and get dressed, pretty comfy considering we would be on a plane for about nine and a half hours. Elena and I both wore sweats, I had on a plain grey t-shirt and Elena had on a royal blue long sleeve shirt. I had packed our bags a couple days before the wedding so that Elena wouldn't have to worry about it, besides if I would have let her pack her own bag she would've come up with some sneaky way to find out where we're going by asking me what the weather was going to be like. I put our stuff downstairs and Elena and I got some breakfast we stuck to normal food and half animal and half human blood.

-An hour later-
Elena's POV
Stefan and I were walking back out to the living room only to be welcomed by everyone.

Rebekah:"We're here."

Stefan:"Hey."

We greeted everyone as usual with hugs and the guys moved over to the couches, since we had a little time before we had to leave. I headed into the kitchen with the girls to get everyone something to drink.

Caroline:"So...how was last night."

Bonnie:"Caroline!!"

Rebekah Jo and I laughed.

Caroline:"What??"

Elena:"It was amazing. It was like nothing I had ever felt before, we even drank from each other and I don't know I just can't explain it."

Rebekah:"Ugh that's just to romantic."

We laughed and headed back out with the boys.

Alaric:"So Elena how've you been feeling?"

Elena:"I've been okay, although I am getting a little more tired and nauseous, but when I am nauseous it's like when I used to have the flu but a hundred times worse."

Matt:"Wow I'm sorry, must be freaking you out that your the like the first vampire ever to get pregnant."

Rebekah lightly smacked his arm and gave him a sort of stern look.

Matt:"oww.."

Stefan and I just laughed and he put his hand on my stomach.

Elena:"Yes and no. Yes because I don't know what's going to happen and no because I didn't think this could happen, I mean I'm carrying my baby. I've always wanted to be a mother."

Stefan placed a kiss on my temple and I just give him a loving smile.

Jeremy:"Oh crap, we should probably start heading to the airport if you guys are going to catch your plane."

-At the airport-
We give everyone really big hugs before we head to our gate.

Jo:"Have a good time call me if you need anything."

Jeremy:"Be safe okay."

Stefan grabs our bags and we start heading to our gate.

Elena:"Here I can take this one."

I tell him pointing to my grey carry-on bag.

Stefan:"Thank you but absolutely not you missy are pregnant and I don't want you carrying anything on your own."

I giggled at his comment and lock his fingers with mine.

Elena:"I love you so much, but really I can carry a little bag."

He shakes his head no and gives me a kiss to seal our conversation.

We are almost to our gate when we stop by this little coffee shop and they were selling cake pops without having to say a word Stefan smiles and goes to buy me some. God I love him. He came back and had about three different kinds.

Elena:"Thank you."

I lean forward and give him a quick kiss before we reach our gate. For a couple minutes we just sit there talking and enjoying each other's company, until I hear a speaker turn on and it begins to call out a flight number.

Flight attendant:"Flight number 218 to Venice Italy is now boarding."

Stefan stands up and reaches his hand out for me. I look at him completely shocked.

Elena:"Really!?"

He chuckles and I take his hand.

Stefan:"Yes, and just wait until you see where we are sitting."

He pulls our tickets out of the bag and opens one for me to see.

Elena:"FIRST CLASS!!?"

I practically yell. He laughs and grabs my hand.

Stefan:"Yes really, this is our honeymoon and I am going to make it as perfect as I can."

I put my forehead to his and giggle.

Elena:"This would be just as perfect if we didn't go anywhere, because I would still have you."

Stefan:"I love you."

Elena:"I love you too."

He squeezes my hand and we head over to turn in our tickets.

-On the plane-
Stefan's POV
I put our carry on bag in the over head compartment and sit down next to Elena, who looks a little tired. I sit down and and put my hand on her thigh.

Stefan:"You should get some rest, we'll be in the air for a while and I image the baby would want you to sleep to."

She and I chuckle and I scoot a little closer for her to put her head on my shoulder.

Elena:"I love you."

Stefan:"I love you too."

I place a kiss on the top of her head and intertwine our fingers. In only a matter of minutes she's asleep and I hear a small snore come from her, I try not to laugh and place my free hand on her stomach. God I have no idea what I did to deserve this amazing woman and now our baby, I love her so much and can't wait for this little one to join us in a couple months.

×××
Okay in love with the baby theme but besides that I might do a couple time jumps because I have this big twist moment in mind I'm not sure but if you guys have any suggestions comment and let me know I will fit them in with an amazing storyline.