chapter twenty one

-9 months later-
Stefan's POV
I was currently in the nursery. I was finishing putting in the furniture. We decided we would get matching off white cribs with attached changing tables, since we didn't know the genders of the babies and painted the room very light grey. Elena and I thought that once they were born we would put their names above their cribs in either blue or pink. In the corner I set up a feeding station for Elena, her plan was to breast feed that is if her body will react the way we think it will. I wanted to go an extra step and make Elena a rustic wooden chair that I knew she'd love. Once I finished I started to get dinner ready, with it being Christmas eve and all, we were having everyone over for a big dinner and then everyone was going to sleep over for Christmas day.

-After Dinner-
Elena's POV
We were all sitting on the couches near the fire telling stories, laughing and having a pretty good time but I felt a little strange. A couple hours went by and everyone was getting ready for bed. I was standing in the bathroom feeling and looking at my baby bump through Stefan's shirt. He slowly came up behind me and rested his hands against mine. I loved being pregnant but I also thought I looked pretty big especially since I'm carrying twins. Stefan has always been able to read me like an open book and noticed what I was thinking. He put his mouth closer to my ear and began to whisper to me.

Stefan:"You are perfect and have a perfect magazine worthy baby bump."

I smiled and giggled as he began to place small kisses near my ear. We headed to bed and fell fast asleep.

-Later that night-
It was about 11:00 and I felt a strange feeling. Stefan was asleep and the feeling kept growing until it turned into sharp constant pains. I realized I was having contractions and shook Stefan awake.

Stefan:"Hey, hey what's wrong?"

He quickly got up and started to rub small circles on my back. I began to take in deep breaths and Stefan went to go get Jo. We didn't know what was going to happen during the birth so we decided we to do this at home instead of the hospital. Jo was able to get quite a bit of supplies from the hospital with the help of Caroline who compelled anyone who saw them or tried to stop them. When Stefan came back he slowly and gently took me down to the cellar, there were more than plenty to use but everyone helped Stefan make one of them a little nicer than just dust, dirt, and an uncomfortable bed. We got down there and Stefan placed me on the bed, I looked up to see Jo putting some water off to the side and putting on some gloves. The pain I was feeling began to get grow stronger but I could still hear everyone growing worried outside of the cellar. I was brought out of my thoughts as Jo was about to check how many centimeters I was dilated.

Jo:"So your about 6 centimeters dilated, I'll check up on you in a little bit but it shouldn't take too long, and I brought the epidural just in case."

Elena:"Thanks Jo but I want to do this without the epidural."

Jo:"Okay, I'll be back in a couple minutes."

I just nodded, she pulled down the sheet to cover me. Before she could get up to leave the door opened to show my worried family. Stefan was holding a glass of water for me. Everyone rushed over to me.

Bonnie, Rebekah and Caroline:"Elena!!"

Jeremy:"How you feeling?"

Elena:"Uncomfortable."

Everyone chuckled. Stefan came moved some of my hair back and kissed my forehead. I smiled but the moment ended to quickly as I felt another contraction. At the end of it I looked over and saw the time it was only 11:20 but my pain felt like it had been going on longer than that.

-A little while later-
Stefan's POV
Jo said Elena was fully dilated and was progressing quickly. Everyone had left the room, now it was just me, Elena and Jo. I stood next to Elena and held her left hand in both of mine.

Jo:"Okay Elena it's time to start pushing."

Elena let out a breathy okay and began to push she let out a loud cry that only made my heart break into a million pieces. After a couple pushes we heard a cry that was simply music to our ears.

Jo:"Congratulations, it's a boy!!"

I smiled down at Elena and kissed her forehead, she smiled and laughed a joyful laugh. Jo called for the girls to come in and help wrap up the baby and write down what time he was born while she focused her attention back at Elena. Bonnie took the baby, out of precaution just so that Rebekah and Caroline didn't loose control. Elena only got to rest for a couple seconds and then had to begin pushing again. I could tell she was really tired. She gave one long push.

Jo:"Your going to have to push a little hard okay?"

Elena nodded and gave another push, this one was short and she quickly let out a breath of air. She started to shake her head from side to side and began to cry.

Elena:"I can't, I can't do it anymore. I'm to tired."

I rested my forehead against hers and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

Stefan:"Hey, hey yes you can. I know your tired, I know but just a couple more pushes okay. You can do this I know you can."

I gave her a reassuring kiss and then a kiss on her forehead.

Elena:"Okay, okay."

She let out a breath and began to push again. After about three more pushes we heard another cry.

Jo:"You have a beautiful baby girl!!"

I smiled and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Elena lightly laughed, I gently held Elena's head close to my lips and gave her a kiss. I looked over to see Bonnie and Rebekah heading over to us with our son and daughter. Bonnie walked to the left side of the bed and handed me our baby girl. All the while Rebekah handed our son over to Elena. I couldn't be prouder in Elena knowing I was responsible for her being in pain killed me but the thought was completely shut down when I thought of what Elena would say. She'd say that it was all worth it because we now had our little family and no amount of pain would take that joy from us.

×××
This chapter seemed a little all over the place but I really like the way I brought all together towards the end I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter I might post it tomorrow. I hope you guys liked this one though.
Love,
Cami💛💛