chapter twenty three

Stefan's POV
    I woke up to a small breath against the back of my hand. I opened my eyes to see Lexi's nose gently pressed up against my hand. I smiled and looked over to see Zach and Elena in the exact same position. Lexi began to stir and I could tell she was uncomfortable. I checked her diaper, to see if she needed to be changed but the only thing wrong was that I had put her diaper on wrong. I made one tab was too high and the other too low. I also noticed one side was tighter than the other. She began to make soft cries, so I gently picked her up and took her out of the room before she could wake up Elena and Zach. I walked over to Rebekah and Matt's room and knocked on the door. Rebekah opened the door and grew a big smile once she saw Lexi.

Stefan:"Hey, I know it's early but I needed someone's help with changing Lexi's diaper and I didn't want to wake up Elena."

Rebekah:"It's fine, I'm glad to help."

We walked into the nursery and she gasped at what she saw.

Rebekah:"Wow. Stefan, you did all this?"

Stefan:"Yeah."

My voice had a hint of shyness. She slowly took Lexi from my arms and placed her on her changing table. She unclasped Lexi's onesie and laughed at what she saw. She looked up at me with one eyebrow raised.

Stefan:"I know, I know."

I laughed out of embarrassment. She looked back down at Lexi and began to talk to her in a small baby voice.

Rebekah:"No wonder you were crying. Let's help daddy learn how to put on a diaper, yeah."

She began to undo the tabs and pull the diaper off. I handed her some wet wipes and a fresh diaper.

Rebekah:"Well, I'm no expert but I think this will feel a little more comfortable."

She laughed and placed a kiss on Lexi's hand. She put her onesie back on and picked her up.

Stefan:"Thanks Rebekah."

Rebekah:"It's no problem, I'm just glad I can be here with you guys."

She handed Lexi back over when she began to close her sleep little eyes.

Rebekah:"I love the name by the way. What did you guys name her brother?"

Stefan:"We named him Zachary Johnathan Grayson Salvatore. After my nephew, Elena's dad, and her biological dad/uncle."

Rebekah:"Wow that's a long name, but it's beautiful. Does Lexi have a long name too or is it just Lexi."

Stefan:"No, actually it's, Alexia Jenna Miranda Salvatore. After my best friend, Elena's aunt, and her mom."

Rebekah:"Well they're both gorgeous names."

Stefan:"Thanks."

After we talked for a while she headed back to her room and I headed back to Elena and Zach.

Elena:"Where have you two been?"

Stefan:"Little miss Lexi needed a diaper change. I asked Rebekah for some help because I messed up the first time."

I sat on the bed and she laughed. She held Zach in her arms and lead forward a bit, I leaned down and kissed her sweet lips. For a while we just sat there looking at our children sleep. I looked over and saw that Elena couldn't stop smiling.

Stefan:"What are you thinking about?"

Elena:"Nothing I'm just happy. This is everything I've ever wanted."

Stefan:"Well I'm happy your happy."

I placed a gentle kiss on her temple and rested my head against the headboard.

Elena:"Thank you."

Stefan:"For what."

Elena:"For them, for everything."

Stefan:"I should be the one thanking you. You've given me these two angels and you've always been there for me you gave me a reason to feel, to have a life."

We sat there for a while, enjoying each other's company. After about an hour we realized everyone would be getting up soon to open presents and eat breakfast. I looked over at the alarm clock and saw that it was about 7:30 Elena was currently feeding Lexi while I set up the baby tubs we had bought. Elena finished and we were giving Lexi and Zach their first baths. Elena was bathing Zach and I was bathing Lexi.

Elena:"He has your eyes."

I laughed and looked at her. I looked back down at Lexi and noticed the most adorable thing ever.

Stefan:"And she has your adorable little button nose."

She giggled and gave me the most amazing smile. Once we finished giving the twins their baths, we got them changed and dressed. Elena wanted to take a shower, so I took the twins downstairs and placed them in their swings. By the time I turned around I found almost everyone was awake and ready for breakfast. Caroline was in the kitchen and I called out for her.

Stefan:"Hey Care, could you listen for the twins?"

Caroline:"Yeah."

I went upstairs to check on Elena.

Stefan:"Lena?"

Elena:"Yeah, coming."

She came out of the bathroom dressed in grey sweats and my flannel. I smiled at her and she shyly put a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Elena:"Is everyone ready?"

Stefan:"Pretty much."

Elena's POV
    Stefan reached out his hand for me to take, and I gladly walked downstairs with him hand in hand. As we were going down to meet everyone I was thinking to myself how easy it was to walk and how I didn't feel much pain anymore. I did feel a little sore, but that was pretty much all. My thoughts brought me to earlier, after I had the twins I had 'baby weight' but I guess the vampire healing made it go away quickly. I was brought out of my thoughts, as we walked into the kitchen, and I saw that everyone had already started on breakfast. Bonnie and Jeremy were sitting at the table holding the twins while everyone else helped out with breakfast. I smiled and tried to get in there and help but Rebekah and Caroline told me I had to sit and rest. I looked around the kitchen to see everyone laughing and having a great time, and I couldn't help but smile at the fact that I had all of this.

×××
    Love this so much. Comment any questions, suggestions, etc. Hope you guys liked it.
                   Love,
                     Cami💛💛