chapter nineteen

Stefan's POV
    I walked back upstairs to see Elena still drinking the blood I left her with and waiting for me.

Stefan:"Hey, how are you doing?"

Elena:"I'm okay, little scared but okay."

She gave me a small and slightly weak laugh, I knew she was afraid and was trying to convince me that she was okay but I knew my wife too well, she had doubts. I walked over to our drawers and picked out one of my t-shirts for Elena. I made my way back to the bed and saw that she had finished up with the blood. I reached out and took a gentle hold of her waist. I faced her in my direction and began to unbutton my flannel shirt, which as always she looked gorgeous in. She giggled as I took it off and put on the gray t-shirt I laughed and leaned forward to kiss her.

Elena:"Thanks."

Stefan:"My pleasure."

I told her with a small smirk that formed into a smile.

Elena:"Stefan Salvatore!"

She said playfully and give me a slight smack on my chest. I laughed and kissed her once more before climbing into bed with her. I wrapped an arm around her and she rest her head on my chest.

Stefan:"You seem like your handling everything pretty well."

Elena:"Yeah, I thought I would feel different but I guess I live these little ones too much."

She placed her left hand on her stomach and made small circles with her index finger. I smiled into her hair and realized that the hand she placed in her stomach was her injured hand.

Stefan:"How's your hand?"

Elena:"Still not healed and it hurts a lot actually but it's okay, as long as it was just my hand and nothing happened to you or the babies."

Stefan:"No, I don't want you to worry about me okay? I love that you do but I would gladly die knowing that I have saved all three of your lives, all three of you are my entire world and I will do anything to make sure your safe and happy."

Elena's eyes began to form some tears, she leaned in and gave me a passionate kiss. I placed my hand on her lower back and as we pulled apart we lay back down. She put her left hand on my chest and rest her head just below mine. I reached over to the nightstand and picked up her rings. I placed them gently back on her finger and brought my hands up to her chest to fiddle with her daylight ring which now hung on a delicate chain around her neck. Bonnie and I tried to get her to change her mind and switch to a daylight necklace but she shot down the idea because that ring to her was a symbol of our eternity, the beautiful and love filled eternity I had promised her. I chuckled at the memory and was brought out of my thoughts as I felt Elena's breath begin to slow down to a normal pace. I smiled and placed one last kiss on her head before I tightened my grip around her and slowly drifted into a deep sleep with her in my arms.

—Morning—
Elena's POV
    I woke up to feel Stefan's side of the bed empty. I focused on my hearing and I heard Stefan chopping something in the kitchen. I covered my face with my hands and smiled into them because even though Stefan did this kind of thing all the time, I fell in love with him all over again even time he did these romantic gestures. I lay in bed for a couple seconds just collecting my thoughts. I was surprisingly okay, considering everything that went down last night. I rolled out of bed and felt the soft fabric of the hem of Stefan's shirt fall a couple inches above the middle of my thighs. Right then and there I focused on all of my senses closely, I cold smell Stefan's scent on his shirt, it was comforting and safe. I brought the shirt up to my nose and smelt it once more before smiling, giggling to myself and then heading downstairs where I spotted my wonderfully perfect husband making breakfast.

Elena:"That smells amazing."

I said as i walked over to the stove and stood by his side.

Stefan:"Hmm good morning."

He leaned down slightly gave me an intoxicating kiss. I smiled into the kiss and gave him a short kiss following our previous one.

Elena:"So I have a plan for today."

Stefan flipped the last pancake, turned off the stove and faced me.

Stefan:"Please tell me it's something other than fighting off evil vampires."

I laughed and put my hands in his.

Elena:"No, we've been able to stay away from that for a while now but with Jeremy heading back to school and everyone going off to whitmore I wanted to start looking into the baby stuff."

Stefan:"That sounds great, but you don't want to go whitmore with everyone else?"

Elena:"Well I figured I'm a vampire why not wait until the babies are bringing but even then I don't think I could leave them and you."

Stefan:"Well we can deal with that as we come to it but for now we should probably eat before the food gets cold."

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. He put everything on the table and we ate, after breakfast we sat for hours and spoke about pretty much everything baby related.

—That afternoon—
Stefan's POV
    After Elena and I talked I started thinking about how Elena's already about a month and a half into her pregnancy and how I wanted to start getting the nursery ready and everything else. Luckily Bonnie called me saying that she and and Caroline wanted to take Elena out for lunch, it was the perfect opportunity for me to get started with everything considering it would take a couple months.

×××
    So excited for everything thing that's coming up I might do a bit of a large time jump soon but I want to know what you guys think. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
          Love,
             Cami💛💛