chapter twenty two

Stefan's POV
    Elena and I sat up in the bed holding the babies, and admiring how small they were. They currently were asleep. Jo and the girls had left the room to go over everything Caroline had written down; time of birth, weight, gender, the typical things but there was only one question Elena and I wanted an answer to. That is if the babies were human or vampire. We heard the door open and saw that everyone was dying to come in.

Jeremy:"Hey can we come in?"

He asked in a whispered tone. Elena and I both nodded and he brought everyone in with him. The girls had wrapped the babies in blue and pink blankets so we could tell them apart a lot easier. Although I could take one quick glance at my son and daughter and tell exactly who was who.

Tyler:"They're so little."

Matt:"No really genius."

We all lightly laughed and then stayed in a comfortable silence taking in the wonderful sight before us.

Alaric:"How do you guys feel?"

Elena:"Exhausted, but happy."

Stefan:"I have no words."

Jeremy:"Okay my turn I want to hold my niece. May I?"

He gestured to me, I gently placed her in his arms and smiled. I put my arms around Elena and stroked my thumb against her arm.

Rebekah:"So do you guys have their names picked out?"

Elena and I looked at each other and quietly laughed. With everything going on we hadn't really thought about names.

Stefan:"Not yet."

Tyler:"Ooo how about Tyler for this little guy."

We laughed and Caroline gave Tyler a look.

Matt and Caroline:"They're not naming him Tyler."

Tyler:"Why not, Tyler's a great name."

Caroline:"Oh god."

Tyler:"I'm kidding."

He chuckled and have Caroline a kiss on top of her head. We were all brought out of the moment by my son beginning to cry meaning he was hungry. I looked over and saw Bonnie against Jeremy, gently running a finger along my daughter's cheek Jeremy kissed her forehead and handed her over to me.

Jeremy:"We're going to head back to bed, let you guys have some time alone."

Elena:"Thanks Jer."

He made his way to Elena's side and gave her a hug. Bonnie did the same after giving me a hug.

Rebekah:"We're going to head off too but don't hesitate to ask for anything if you need help."

She and Matt gave us a smile and followed Jeremy and Bonnie out the door.

Caroline:"I guess that means we should go too, but do you guys need anything before we go?"

Elena:"I think we're good but thanks care."

Caroline:"No problem."

She gave each of the twins a kiss and hugged us both before she and Tyler left. That left me, Elena, the twins, Jo, and Alaric.

Alaric:"I'm going to go get some blood I'll be back in a bit."

I gave him a nod and Jo walked over to us. I could tell Elena was scared and slightly confused as to what to do since we didn't know if the baby was human of not. Our son began crying again indicating that he wanted to eat.

Jo:"You need some help?"

She and Elena gave a small laugh, and Elena nodded. Jo slowly brought up her hand under the baby's head.

Jo:"Here just guide you breast into his mouth and he'll know what to do from there."

Elena did exactly as Jo said and the baby stopped crying. Elena's face lit up looking between Jo and I. I smiled at her happiness, but turned to Jo to ask the one question we've been waiting to get an answer for.

Stefan:"So does this mean the babies are human?"

Jo:"I don't know I would have to run some tests. Vampire blood does show different results than human blood, but so does werewolf blood, witch blood, and hybrid blood. Since you guys are both vampires we can pretty much rule out werewolf and hybrid but with, you Elena, being a doppelgänger means a lot to who they are."

We nodded and looked back down at the babies in our arms, they were so little."

Jo:"But I did want to talk to you guys about their weights. Newborns that are carried to full term are usually born around 8 pounds but this little guys was only 7.10 and this princess was only 6.52."

Elena:"Is that really bad?"

Jo:"It's not usual, but yet again your are a very petite person so that could have something to do with it I just want to keep and eye on them for a couple of days to make sure nothing happens."

We nodded in understanding.

Jo:"Rick and I can help you guys take the babies back up to your room if you want, I mean assuming you guys would want to sleep in your own bed."

Stefan:"That would be great Jo, thanks."

As if on cue Rick had come into the room and Jo handed him one of the babies she took the other and they began to head upstairs. I helped Elena up but she was still pretty hurt I picked her up, bridal style, and took her up to our room. I set her down on her side of the bed and went into the nursery to get some diapers and onesies for the babies.

When I came back Jo and Alaric had already gone to their room and had left Elena with the babies. I laid the babies down on my side of the bed and changed them one by one before passing our little girl back over to her mom.

Elena:"So I guess we should pick out names now huh?"

She put her head against my shoulder and gently slid her finger up and down against our daughters cheek.

Stefan:"Yeah."

Elena:"What about....Alexia Jenna Miranda Salvatore?"

Stefan:"Really?!"

Elena giggled at my surprised tone.

Elena:"Really."

Stefan:"It's perfect, thank you for lexi,but what about this little guy?"

Elena:"I think....Zachary Johnathan Grayson Salvatore."

I looked at her surprised that she had chosen Johnathan.

Elena:"I know my 'uncle' John maybe wasn't my favorite person all the time. Like when he tried to kill you and your brother but he died to trying to give me a human life and he was my biological father."

Stefan:"It's perfect, they're both perfect."

Elena:"I think so too, but they're going to hate us when their older aren't they?"

Stefan:"Probably."

We laughed and decided it was time for bed. We didn't want to put them in the nursery the first night so we set Zach and Lexi in between us Zach was closer to Elena and Lexi was closer to me they both wrapped their little hands around our index fingers and fell asleep. I looked over at Elena to see she was peacefully asleep. I turned to look at my phone and saw that it was officially December 25, Christmas. It was 2:30 am and we were going to have to get up in a couple of hours, with that in mind I was fast asleep.

×××
    Ahhhhh!!! I think this chapter is so cute, but yet again I'm a little biased lol. I hope you guys like this chapter and that you guys will like the chapters to come. I have a few twists I want to try and work into the story so keep reading to find out. Thanks for all the support.
                                              Love,
                                                Cami💛💛