three

Davonte ^

August

"You ready Yung, I'm outside" Davonte asked over the phone

I slipped my white forces on and adjusted my hoodie while holding the phone to my ear "Comin out'"

I walked past the kitchen where Cha was cooking before she stopped me "Heading out this early?" She asked.

I sighed stepping back "Yeah gotta take care of sum'"

She nodded keeping her eyes on the food she was stirring in the pot "Be careful"

"I will" I gave her a quick hug while also slipping some money into her jacket pocket. If this meeting went well then I could afford to spare some cash.

"Aug no" She took the money out and tried to give it back to me.

"The bills paid right?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

She pulled away "Yeah so?"

"So get ya nails done or sum" I suggested. "Take the girls out, whateva"

"Bu—"

"I ain't takin' it back, I'a see you inna few" I stuffed my hands in my hoodie and walked out locking up behind me.

     The cold winter breeze hit me and I shivered, Christmas was coming up in two weeks so the weather was dropping drastically. I blew some warm air into my hands before getting into Davonte's whip.

"Shit it's cold" I rubbed my hands together "Wazzam D"

"All good you ready?" He dapped me up

I nodded and he pulled off.

     The destination wasn't far, it was at an abandoned cabin in the back of some nearby neighborhood. This so called boss went by the name of Storm and controlled a couple of neighborhoods on the east side including this one.

"Just follow my lead" Davonte said.

He parked the car and we walked up to the front where we got searched by a couple of guards.

"Aye nigga I ain't got shit on me you done?" I snapped at one as he patted me down  for a little too long.

       He stepped back and Davonte shook his head before dapping them both up then we went inside. After waiting almost a fucking hour the nigga was finally ready to see us. I was irritated as hell because I don't like to be kept waiting. I'm just trynna get business done and keep it pushing but this nigga obviously felt like he was a celebrity.

      We took a seat in front of his desk and he offered us a blunt Davonte took one but I declined. I wasn't trying to play around and get high right now I needed my head straight to discuss whatever needed to be discussed.