fifteen

••

"You look amazing sweetheart this bob cut definitely suits you" Summers Mrs

"You look amazing sweetheart this bob cut definitely suits you" Summers Mrs.Jaclynn complimented while running the extremely hot flat iron through the last strand of hair before setting it down.

Summer smiled looking at her hair and makeup in the mirror satisfied "Thank you Auntie' I was scared to go too short for prom but I'm glad you talked me into it, it's cute"

After Mrs.Jaclynn sprayed her bone straight hair with some oil sheen Summer walked over to her bed picking up her prom dress.

She was absolutely in love with it, from the long train to the lace fabric everything about it screamed her and she could thank her father for that

She was absolutely in love with it, from the long train to the lace fabric everything about it screamed her and she could thank her father for that. Summer had assumed she would have to purchase he own prom dress with the money she was making from Starbucks but her father sent her a couple hundred dollars a week ago to order something to her liking.

Although her and her parents hadn't talked in a while the fact that her dad did that was an indication that he was still thinking about her and that meant a lot to her materialistic or not. Summer slipped the dress on and it fit her frame like a glove hugging onto her small curves. "Wow" Her Aunt gapped "You look so beautiful darling"

"Really?" Summer blushed examining herself in the full body mirror in front  of her.

"No doubt in my mind dear" She smiled zipping up the back of the dress "What time is your date going ta' be hea'"

"He told me 8:00 so in thirty more minutes or so"

"Mmm..how does August feel bout' your date?"

Not realizing what her Aunt had asked her Summer began to answer "Well he doesn't mi—wait what does August have to do with my date?" She caught herself quickly.

Mrs.Jaclynn gave her a knowing look "Chile' I don't live unda' a rock I know dat the two of you have something going on'"

Feeling her cheeks get hot Summer couldn't help but blush "How..how'd you know?"