thirteen

I think I want the change the book cover again I don't like it anymore..what do y'all think?

••

August drove down the road with his mood on ten

August drove down the road with his mood on ten. The past week for him has been stressful with Summer still not talking to him, Chandra trying to force him to attend a family barbecue in hopes he'd talk to his mother, and the fact that he still had no clue who was responsible for Davonte's death.

Making it to the trap he locked his doors before walking inside. He went straight to Storms office banging on the door.

"Open up mufucka!" He spat harshly.

A security guard opened the door with an apparent mug on his face "What?" He snarled.

"I'm hea fa' Storm so if you would kindly get the fuck out my way so I ca' do that I'd appreciate it."

He chuckled removing his gun from his holster aiming it at August's temple. "Use yo words lightly son"

"You think I give a fuck bout' dat damn gun' If you gon pull it out then use it nigga"

Storm came up from behind and tapped the security guards shoulder "Stand down Rashad let him in"

The nigga glared at me before putting his pistol away and stepping aside. Storm took at seat behind his desk and I sat in front of him.

"What's on yo mind son?"

"I fuckin told you bout callin me dat" I said "I ain't hea' to play witchu it's been well ova a month since D got shot. If I ran an empire I would be wanting to kno' who was behind taking someone down from my team—-"

"Yun—"

"Nah fuck dat I'm tired of workin' my ass off trynna find these mufuckas while you sitting on yo ass!"

"Things like dis take time, who am I to go in hot searching for these people when they are most likely on the look out fa' us? Does that seem smart? I know what I'm doing I've been in this game longa' then you've been alive" He said "I'd appreciate it if you stopped coming in hea' talkin' like you run this bitch cause you don't, rememba im the one in charge."

August lightly chuckled "Dat supposed ta' scare me? Quite frankly I'm the best worker you got afta' Davonte. Without me this place will go ta' shit because all you got is a bunch of little kids making your drops when they can barely weigh an ounce of fuckin weed"

He smirked laying back in his seat "You have a point thea Yung' but don't think for a second you can't be easily replaced."

"Man fuck you" I yelled standing up "If you not gonna look for these niggas I guess I fucking will."

"Good luck with dat but don't beg for my help when you get yourself in some deep shit"

I ignored him leaving his office and walked out the trap. I crackled my fist in anger as I heard someone calling my name from behind me.