twenty four

••

     Summer walked around the community mall by herself for a piece of mind

Summer walked around the community mall by herself for a piece of mind. Being cooped up in August's apartment alone only made her overthink so she decided to go out and spoil herself with some new makeup and clothes. She swung her braids back as she entered Sephora and went straight to the Fenty collection. She grabbed a new foundation, some concealer and a couple of her lipglosses before moving on to the next aisle.

When she went to check out her phone rang she then looked at the caller ID as the employee started to ring up her items. It was a random number so she declined it but they called two more times after that so she answered before they could call again "Yes, Hello?"

"Hi is this Summer Banks?" A voice of a women spoke  through the phone "If not I might have the wrong number sorry" 

"This is she..can I help you?"

"Oh okay good, my name is Crystal..I kno you don't kno me but I found your numba' in August's phone and I think we should talk."

Summer frowned handing the the women her debit card when she called out the total then switched the phone to her other ear. "In August's phone? Why did you have it? I'm lost?"

"I figured you would be—-listen I'm in town so if you'd like ta' talk so I ca' explain dat would be nice" She said.

"If you mean in town as in New Orleans then I'm at Wilbury mall" Summer said reluctantly, she didn't know what to expect from the random broad, but her bringing up August only made her curious so an explanation was needed at this point.

"I'a meet you at the food court" She said before abruptly ending the call.

     Summer sighed throwing her phone in her purse and getting her things she purchased before leaving the store. She went over to the food court and got herself a SubWay sandwich and a side of chips before sitting at a random table.

     While she ate she tried calling and texting August but he didn't respond. She was honestly past agitated with him because he knew how relaxed and easy going she was especially after he got shot and he was taking advantage of that. She sent him one last text before she saw a brownskin woman about 5'7 feet tall in stature walking over to her.

Hey I've been trying to call you all day..Who is Crystal? She just asked to met up with me and talk and apparently knows you.

Sent 6:32 pm

     She put her phone down when she noticed that whoever this Crystal character was getting closer and looked over her appearance when she sat down. She was a pretty girl no doubt, she had thick bone straight hair that came past her shoulders and a small slim figure but curves to make up for it. She didn't seem like August's type at all considering she looked nothing like her nor did the Denise bitch she knew about but at this point Summer felt like she could expect anything out of him.