twenty two

Side note so there's no confusion..the following chapter is the start of Summer's "fantasy" I guess you can say. It will display what would have happened if August never died and they continued their life. This is not something Summer just made up! These are true events that would've occurred..The writing of the story will NOT change like italitcs or bold letters to differentiate so I'm letting you guys know this way. If there's ever any confusion just message me and I'll explain what's needed. For now enjoy the rest of the ride.

—-

     Summer laid curled up in her bed in complete darkness staring at nothing in particular. She was numb, her body felt cold and her mind wasn't at the best state they had just buried August a few hours ago. Everytime she closed her eyes should would see August's amazing smile or hear his obnoxious laughter, she would also hear his voice in small phrases but she liked that part.

     His accent was so unique and although everyone around him talked the same way he still sounded different. For example, she loved when he called her Summa leaving of the ER. She also loved how he would pull her closer to him in the middle of the night, how he would wake up earlier than her just to admire her, how he would kiss her cheeks at the most random times for no reason at all.

     She already missed there goofy times together—debating over the stupidest things..making fun of each other..laughing at nothing in particular. She felt as if she took him for granted because now she wouldn't experience any of those things ever again. If it was one thing she could wish for besides him being alive it would be the opportunity to hear him say "I luh you" one more time.
Getting more and more consumed by her thoughts she closed her eyes and thought of what could've been.

••

"Summer good afternoon! I've been trying to contact you since yesterday we've seen improvements regarding Mr

"Summer good afternoon! I've been trying to contact you since yesterday we've seen improvements regarding Mr.Alsina a few hours after you left"

"Seriously?" She smiled adjusting her purse on her shoulder.

"Yes. He's been moving around a little and making facial expressions. We don't know when he'll wake up but it should be very soon his vitals are back to normal and he's off the breathing tubes so life support has been removed as well"

"Can I go in and see him?"

"Yes of course!"

Making her way inside the room she set her bag down and walked over to the bed grabbing his hand "Hey baby" She then grinned when she felt his hand gripping hers tightly.

"I need you to wake up okay?" She pecked his lips "I know you've been taking your time but I need you now"

     Laying in the bed she occupied herself with her phone for the rest of the day before nightfall came and she drifted off to sleep. It was about three or four in the morning when August started to blink his eyes slowly opening them. He looked around the room and noticed he was in a hospital and that's when the events of the evening at the park flooded his memory.