four

August and Davonte had finished up making their last drop and were preparing to head home. The block was hot so they were selling nonstop and neither of the two were complaining.

"We can give storm his cut tomorrow it's late as hell na'" Davonte suggested.

"I'm cool wit dat." August nodded.

Suddenly Davonte's phone started to ring it was Summer, she had got the job working at Starbucks and had been working there for a few weeks now.

Davonte was the one taking her and picking her up because he wasn't too comfortable with her transporting herself around walking or riding the buses quite yet.

Not like she would want to but there is some crazy motherfuckers out there, and she did stand out with her flashy attire so he wanted to be safe. Although him and his cousin hadnt seen each other since they were kids he was still protective over her.

"Shit my bad, imma be thea' in 10" He said over the phone before hanging up.

Picking her up had slipped his mind and he was a few minutes late "I gotta get my cousin from work wanna slide?" He asked August.

"Sure." He replied, he had rode with Davonte anyways so it wasn't like he had a choice. August stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and followed Davonte to his car.

He felt excited in the inside something he hadn't felt in over a year because he was be able to buy Cha and the girls something nice for Christmas. Just seeing a smile on his nieces face because of him was all he cared for.

Even though Christmas was technically over since it was about two am in the morning he was still happy to be able to give them something.

They made it to the Starbucks where Summer worked in the ten minute span and she came walking out when she noticed Davonte's car. She hopped into the backseat taking off her apron and replacing it with her jacket.

"Sorry I'm late" He apologized starting the car back up.

"It's okay" She mumbled.

"How was work?" He asked driving off.

"Not worth my time" She said unlocking her phone.

Davonte lightly chuckled "Anyways this my dawg Yung, Yung this my little cousin Summer."

August turned his head nodding at her "Nice ta' meet you"

She gave a small smile before returning back to her phone putting one headphone into her ear. August thought nothing of her dry response Davonte already told him she was from a rich area in the hills in California. He expected nothing less from bitches like that.

He couldn't stand people who felt like they were above everyone else because they grew up with better opportunities and he was getting that vibe from Summer. The way she was dressed and how she spoke said it all.  Although, she was attractive from what he could see in the dark car a personality like that made her ugly.

"You hungry?" Davonte asked Summer "Yung and I was finna head ta' steak n' shake"

"We was?" August questioned while chuckling.